Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James Dean Jacket in Giant

Leigh H

Practically Family
Thought i'd share this new jacket find with some of you James Dean fans.

I've been looking for this jacket for quite some time, i've seen many similar but never quite the same match to the one in the movie.

I'm 95% sure this is the same model jacket worn by James in the movie Giant.

It's a barnstormer/mackinaw style jacket with with sheepskin lining & shawl style collar made by Double Duty, sold by Sears Roebuck.

I'm think its from the 40's but i've been unable to find it in any old Sears Roebuck catalogues.

Oh and it fits me pretty good too, which was a bonus.

xNSbbGq.gif

KyesIsf.jpg

3x23Uwk.jpg

ExmOEeM.jpg

xqFsiak.jpg

8Vmuyvw.jpg

Jh44oR1.jpg

oH6L8rW.jpg

cWrVfrL.jpg

47slYwb.jpg

Amazing find! and perfect fit with your style.
Will you replace the missing button, or remove the other two for screen accuracy? :p

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Thought i'd share this new jacket find with some of you James Dean fans.

I've been looking for this jacket for quite some time, i've seen many similar but never quite the same match to the one in the movie.

I'm 95% sure this is the same model jacket worn by James in the movie Giant.

It's a barnstormer/mackinaw style jacket with with sheepskin lining & shawl style collar made by Double Duty, sold by Sears Roebuck.

I'm think its from the 40's but i've been unable to find it in any old Sears Roebuck catalogues.

Oh and it fits me pretty good too, which was a bonus.

xNSbbGq.gif

KyesIsf.jpg

3x23Uwk.jpg

ExmOEeM.jpg

xqFsiak.jpg

8Vmuyvw.jpg

Jh44oR1.jpg

oH6L8rW.jpg

cWrVfrL.jpg

47slYwb.jpg

Very cool, good for you:)

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Excellent eye. You must have been looking for this particular jacket for some time? Thanks for showing us a rare find. I bet some of us are going to be on the hunt for another one of those cool jackets. Being a James Dean fan myself, I hope I find one!
Thanks for sharing!

barnabus

One Too Many

Cimarron

New in Town
Leigh H
I also found one a couple years ago. Did you know that the front over lapping panels are insulated with Burlap. Mine did not have the Double Duty tag and it’s not a replica, the real deal like yours. Just put it up for sale. Probably regret selling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider