Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James Dean Jacket

Dagenham Dave

One of the Regulars
Seb, for me, that's the exact reason why I would want one!
Sure, for most people it would be just a red nylon jacket (unlike 50 years ago, when literally everyone would say 'you think you're james Dean'), but for those like us on the Lounge- those who know- it's a cool because so few people these days would make the connection, and those that do are going to be enthusiasts of the era/style, like us here!

I agree Big J.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Huh? Been here a long time, first time I've had that accusation made and certainly not my intention. Did I read you wrong? I though what you said was amusing? Were you trying to have a go at me then? That's maybe one interpretation looking back. Intention is impossible to read on sites like this. Let's go off line and talk it though as I have little time for private spats between posters taking over a thread.

alfa

Familiar Face
re: King Rebel Jacket

Hello.

Is this THE REBEL JACKET available from THE KING in Japan in this picture:

cmgck.jpg

p9gs.jpg

And regarding the 2014 REBEL JACKET from THE KING, is the only difference between the "RED original" (RJ-010) and the "RED with brown lining" (RJ-010 RED TYPE) the brown lining (see pictures below and here: http://translate.googleusercontent....86.htm&usg=ALkJrhh-Qs4GDfO-7DDdLBTd7cI2Hy1gFg)? Are they identical in red colour? Are they identical cut? Do they have the same measurements?

fulqe.jpg

hm8n.jpg

Cheers,
Dave
AUSTRALIA

To answer your question.... as I had owned the King Rebel jacket once.
and I don't think it's the same jacket in the 2 pics. The King jacket is a darker red.
Almost a maroon red and the lining is a fleece material. They justify the colour to match what we saw on screen. as Deans jacket was dye darker and looks darker on screen.
But it was probably much brighter red in real life.

It's a very liveable jacket as it's not super bright and still captures deans jacket.
I didn't really like the cut and fitting, but thats probably issues on the wearer than the jacket.
It also seems to be cut differently than a McGregor jacket. Which is also lighter in weight.
The King jacket is heavier in feel.

Hope that helps!!

Thomasrichardnharold

New in Town
Would anyone be interested in The Real McCoy's McGregor Anti Freeze?

I have one for sale in size 40. Bought as a gift for someone but he died before I got the chance to see him.
It's a great jacket with a fantastic lining, McCoy's have really done a fantastic job here recreating The Rebel jacket.

Still tagged, comes with McCoy's carrier bag, and McGregor brass badge that hooks onto the Talon zipper.

I paid over £500 GBP in total to have it shipped from McCoy's in Japan - inclusive of delivery & UK customs duty taxes when it arrived.

If someone is interested, I'll settle with £350 with free next day delivery in the UK, if sending to the US or another country please PM me for shipping options.
I'm open to sensible offers. Send me a private message if you would like photos, or if there's enough interest on this thread I'll upload the photos here.

Thomasrichardnharold

New in Town
Hello, I just got home and made the measurements a minute ago.

They are:
Pit to Pit - 20 inches
Shoulders - 15.9 in
Back (from collar lower stitch to end of waist) - 24 in
Arms length (cuff to shoulder) - 24 in
(cuff to pit) - 18.5 in

Let me know if there's anything else
Cheers,

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Thanks for the measurements, but I have to pass on this one. The size won't be right for me.

Good luck in selling the jacket!

Last edited:

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Hello guys

I have now in my possession a rebel jacket from magnoli and the king

Both jackets are well made but the king jacket has a superior quality.

I find the nylon from magnoli to be a little too thin (you can't make the collar sit like you want) and wrinkle too much for my liking.

I love the bright red color.

The lining is cotton.

The nylon from the king is heavier and doesn't wrinkle but the red is a little dull but I think it's more wearable for everyday use.

The lining is fleece.

I don't own a McGregor Anti-freeze so I can't compare.

Here some photos if you want detailed shots ask me. First magnoli then the king

5u7eqyha.jpg

jysumyve.jpg

7y2apuqu.jpg

duqynu7a.jpg

u8y3eseb.jpg

yva9u7ep.jpg

3ususyta.jpg

a2epudut.jpg

Last edited:

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Yes it is what Masaki (the owner of the king brand) is aiming for, not a pure copy of the Anti-freeze (but still based on it) but a jacket as close as possible to the jacket we saw in the movie.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Is there a bit of shine to the fabric? I always remember the one in the film having a bit of shine on it - not too much, but think like a B15C (albeit a red one). My eye might be wrong, though!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I'm with Edward, the King looks closer to a McG Anti-Freeze.

Is there a bit of shine to the fabric? I always remember the one in the film having a bit of shine on it - not too much, but think like a B15C (albeit a red one). My eye might be wrong, though!

The real deal does indeed have some shine to the nylon shell.

Rakuten had some for sale awhile back for (if memory serves) around the $800 mark - big biccies for a nylon windbreaker but then it's such an iconic jacket.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
The king is at 219€ shipping included. I didn't have to pay custom fees, they lowered the value on the package and on the invoice included in the package.

Last edited:

Dagenham Dave

One of the Regulars
To answer your question.... as I had owned the King Rebel jacket once.
and I don't think it's the same jacket in the 2 pics. The King jacket is a darker red.
Almost a maroon red and the lining is a fleece material. They justify the colour to match what we saw on screen. as Deans jacket was dye darker and looks darker on screen.
But it was probably much brighter red in real life.

It's a very liveable jacket as it's not super bright and still captures deans jacket.
I didn't really like the cut and fitting, but thats probably issues on the wearer than the jacket.
It also seems to be cut differently than a McGregor jacket. Which is also lighter in weight.
The King jacket is heavier in feel.

Hope that helps!!

It did help, and I purchased one from The King, and I love it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch