Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James Dean Jacket

GoodTimesGone

One of the Regulars
Scroll all the way to the bottom of this page. On the left it tells you what you're authorized to do. When you're new, there are some limits. Every time you make a comment it's a post, so it reallly doesn't take long to get the ability to post images.

johnny rocket 7

New in Town
This exchange is from a friend Chris Vanasse:

He wore a couple of different jackets.
One was a fur-collared CHP (which Schott reproduced). I don't know who was the original maker. "Possibly" a Cal Leather from Ventura, California, as they were basically a CHP standard back in the day. It could have been a Schott, but I don't know for sure.
Second was the Sportclad, which was a near copy of the Schott Perfecto.

"If memory serves me correctly", The James Dean jacket that was auctioned for around $28,000, was a Sportclad made of horsehide. Sportclad neck labels had JCP in small letters also, meaning JC Penney.
It was a gift to him by a very close friend/co-hort from the Studio lot. By who, I don't recall from the auction brochure. It very well could have been Mr. Hickman.
Below the Sportclad tag was another royal purple tag hand-sewn into the jacket lining with the logo: "Little ba***rd".
I believe that's what his "closest of Buddies" were fond of calling him, and he obviously had no problem wearing the jacket with that moniker.
I also believe there was a "Big ba***rd" roaming the studio lots, which I would guess to be Marlon Brando.
Pictures of Dean also show him wearing a California Hiway Patrol style jacket with Duty Belt and Fur Collar.
Schott re-issued a James Dean Comemorative CHP Model in limited quantites in 1985, made in both Steerhide and Horsehide versions.
Hope that helps!
Chris

Bill Hickman's "James Dean Jacket"—Auction Sales catalogue site link:

http://entertainment.ha.com/c/item.zx?s ... otNo=24429

http://books.google.com/books?id=Yt4Hlr ... et&f=false

Edward

Bartender
Scroll all the way to the bottom of this page. On the left it tells you what you're authorized to do. When you're new, there are some limits. Every time you make a comment it's a post, so it reallly doesn't take long to get the ability to post images.

Keeps the spambots at bay, a bit.

Most Forum sites allow you to upload right from your computer without going through a third party? That's a real bummer!
:eusa_doh:

Johnny R.

Many do, though the size of the image is limited. This tends to be a fairly photo-heavy site with a lot of hi-res images at that, so I can understand why the powers that be prefer us to host images elsewhere. Once you get the hang of something like photobucket, though, you won't think twice about it. Actually, if you already put your photos on something like Facebook, you can use that too - just lift the URL of the photo and put it in the
format.

fl&wvmike

Familiar Face
I have 49 posts and can not post attachments. I hope this 50th posts lets me do it. I will know in a moment.
I have contacted FL twice, asking why I can not post attachments, but I never get a reply.
FL&WVMIKE

johnny rocket 7

New in Town
Here is how you do it on a Mac computer (and you don't have to type an address or post it from a hosting site either).
1. Hit quick Reply along the menu bar...select the icon with..."the tree in the box" image (third in from the right on the menu bar).
2. Select image "from computer" button.
3. Click "choose File" from the drop down menu...then fild your file...select the file...and then hit "Choose" then hit the "upload file(s) button.

—Johnny Rocket

alfa

Familiar Face
It seems like you may get your wish. I heard McGregor has a new clothing line and may be releasing a new anti-freeze. Stores opening up all around Europe. Maybe we can eventually buy online. Story below.

21 by McGregor.

Last week McGregor showed their ‘21 by McGregor’ collection at the Bread & Butter fair in Berlin. The creator of this new brand is creative director Christian Arkins. This New York native has developed an authentic casual denim collection. The number 21 refers to the year - 1921 - when the brand was founded in New York.McGregor has a beautiful heritage.

James Dean

In the movie “Rebel without a cause” (made in 1950’s) James Dean worn a red McGregor Anti-Freeze jacket.
In the entrance area of the Bread & Butter Fair McGregor showed a awesome vintage Porsche with two look a likes of James Dean and Natalie Wood. Off course with the idea of showing their awesome story and new developed Anti-Freeze jacket.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/mcgregor?before=1328558765

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner