Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese market Vanson Cheyenne.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the follow up Carlos. I placed the bid, and if I win it I will roll up the sleeves just like I did when I wore denim jackets like a hippie uniform in the late 60 early 70s.

Sweet, good luck!
Don't forget that even if you place a sniper bid during the last seconds Buyee will keep adding time to the timer untill no more bid is added for 5 minutes. Bit of a weird system.

Schambach

Practically Family
Thanks, i agree with you, 1" less would have been perfect.
I couldn't tell you if they modified the patterns specifically for the japanese market or if these where just ordered longer by a shop...
Traditionally the Cheyenne is a much shorter jacket, i think @JMax 's size 42 is 24" in the back.
Unfortunately Vanson knew surprisingly little about these jackets, maybe @Schambach will be able to add more useful information...

Unfortunately I don't have much to add. Kim at Vanson couldn't tell me much about these. I have a feeling that despite being a pretty small company, Vanson gets pulled in a lot of different directions with special runs for shops and so on, and I feel like a lot of the details get lost. I think you can get a good sense of that poking around their place in Fall River for an hour or two.

Sid33

New in Town
I sent Constantine an email weeks ago but he didn't answer... Sad as he was always so helpful and knowledgeable about anything Vanson related...
Awesome looking jackets. The suede one looks even better in natural light.

BTW - Constantine is no longer working at Vanson. He left Vanson sometime early Feb this year.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
congrats, but somehow the collar is a bit undersized? strange to see a denim jacket with collar stop before the button placket like that making the top corner sticking out weirdly separated from the collar.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I won the auction, now the seller on Yahoo Japan sends it to buyee and they offer me an option on shipping? First time doing something like this. Should be interesting.
08C073C7-31BE-4981-A923-ADB10233B73E.jpeg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I won the auction, now the seller on Yahoo Japan sends it to buyee and they offer me an option on shipping? First time doing something like this. Should be interesting.
View attachment 342909

Pretty much, once it reaches the buyee warehouse you choose your shipping method (EMS, Fedex or DHL i think) and they send it on to you. If you want you can ask for the package to be opened and some pictures of the item taken, but it's not that helpful as the pics aren't the greatest.
Let me know what you think, i hope you like it.
You might have to give it a "Jonesy Special" break in to get rid of the strong smell.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Pretty much, once it reaches the buyee warehouse you choose your shipping method (EMS, Fedex or DHL i think) and they send it on to you. If you want you can ask for the package to be opened and some pictures of the item taken, but it's not that helpful as the pics aren't the greatest.
Let me know what you think, i hope you like it.
You might have to give it a "Jonesy Special" break in to get rid of the strong smell.
Do you mean The Hanalei Surf Hot Water Treatment HSHWT Patent Pending? The ocean temperature is perfect 79 degrees F. I haven't been up to the north shore in a while, its like a lake in in the Summer, with no waves. Maybe I'll cruise up there with the AC blasting wearing the jacket and give it a baptismal. ;)

Last edited:

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
I sent Constantine an email weeks ago but he didn't answer... Sad as he was always so helpful and knowledgeable about anything Vanson related...
Unfortunately Constantine left vanson about 4 months ago. He told me he was leaving when I was placing my order. He actually started the order but 2 weeks later Kim took over filling his place

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I received my Vanson Cheyenne from Payee via Japan and unfortunately it is too small for me. It came in at :

P to P 23"
Shoulder 19"
Sleeve 25.5"
Back length 25.5
Bottom Hem 20"
Jacket weight 4.3 LBS

I like the jacket it has a slight newish shoe smell and the leather is firm yet pliable. I can see this developing some nice grain as its wears. If I find a 44 I might try again, but in the mean time if anyone wants a 42 let me know.

I would keep it if I didn't look like a stuffed sausage wearing it.:

IMG_5777.JPG
IMG_5798.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider