Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jim Green African Ranger boots

Michiganiac

New in Town
Saw these pop up recently , and wondered if anyone has used them.

https://jimgreenfootwear.com/store/african-ranger-brown/

Apparently they took a lot of notes and requests from African Wildlife Rangers and produced this boot (and a few others).

They make them in South Africa with local products and materials. According to a lot of reviews they're pretty tough, and the manufacturer is keen to point out where things have been reinforced etc.

Anyone have an opinion?

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Not familiar with those, but they look nice. How would you use them? If they’re made for the African bush, they may not be great in the Michigan snow….

John Lofgren have something similar

F2199242-464C-449D-A27E-59F573D1EC78.jpeg

Michiganiac

New in Town
Probably as a three seasons boot.

May test a few winter excursions. I remember reading one of their descriptions to say it was insulated well, but can't remember which boot it was for.

Michiganiac

New in Town
Had to look up Lofgrens. There's about a $900 difference between the boots I linked in the OP, and the ones pictured in the first reply.

karlito

New in Town
Many people love the African Rangers ( from what I've seen on Reddit); light weight, wide comfortable toe box, no break in.

I was not particularly impressed. Maybe it was the hype. Yes, they are quite comfortable and made with good materials (their insoles are garbage, but that is well known and everyone swaps them out), but to ME the soles seem cheap. They remind me of soles I have on some cheap slippers I have from Kohl's and I just can't get over it.

Check out Reddit for plenty of JG reviews and opinions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner