Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jimi Hendrix Hussar pelisse

Edward

Bartender
And the plum velvet pantaloons (were they drainpipes, or did they flare from the knee down? Most photos I have of Jimi only extend to his mid thigh...).

Used to be a guy in the US did a tribute act - Randy Hansen, I think his name was. Right handed, played a lefty strat inverted.... did it all well, too. He even blacked up for the first couple of years, but if memory serves he stopped that after it got misinterpreted.

greeny

Familiar Face
Some new pics from NY and England. MUCH too hot in NY!!!!! Several people took my photo though - guess they thought I was some celebrity or other!
DSCN2307.jpg

DSCN2412.jpg

DSCN2415.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Absinthe_1900 said:
Randy Hansen is still playing.

Oh, I know - I just meant he'd stopped with some elements of the dressing up. Apparently he got terrible stick for "basking in reflected glory" and such like. Shame - Jimi's music deserves to be played live and allowed to breathe, IMO. I'm glad he stuck to that even if he has felt he had to rein in certain other elements of the tribute side of it.

ukali1066

Practically Family
Nice repro mate !

I'm just doing Hussar research for a Peninsula war 15th Hussar figure I'm creating [ I'm a modelmaker ]

The Pelisse, basically a flamboyant dandyfied item....turned out to be very welcome in the freezing conditions of the Retreat to Corunna and the battle of Sahagun, when they were worn buttoned up, they were tailored very "fitted" and sometimes couldn't be worn over the Dolman at all.

Just me rambling ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred