Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JL repro of a brando jacket

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maybe not as well known as The Wild One, The Fugitive Kind is still worth watching. As a bonus to me at least, there is a really cool jacket that I thought I should try reproducing.

1655832328423.png

1655832381364.png

Who else to turn to for such a unique than JL? :D

This jacket was completed quite some time ago, anyone following their Instagram would have seen it at some point. I wanted to take it personally from the shop and I did just that a month or so ago. In short it was made before the shark skin trucker.

I hesitated between going with the natural colour as it seems to be in this movie, or going for a more colourful choice. Ended up going for that striking blue in the end. If you are aiming for a dramatic knock out, might as well fully commit your weight to it lol

9kNSgCg.jpg

v3W8Dsq.jpg

IbdJSi4.jpg

Matching the hides and the scales is much trickier with this type of leather, I am really happy with the result
MFERNms.jpg

YMf8S2v.jpg

eFt7AKi.jpg

R9Qy1Cq.jpg

Edit: fixed a few mistakes

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Awesome!

Does the snake skin need break in? Is the scale the skin or are they held by skin underneath? Just WOW! Congrats. This is a once-in-a-lfietime jacket for sure.

red devil

Awesome!

Does the snake skin need break in? Is the scale the skin or are they held by skin underneath? Just WOW! Congrats. This is a once-in-a-lfietime jacket for sure.

I don't think it needs any breaking in, although it had some sort of top coat that makes the scales harder. The sclaes are what forms the skin if that makes sense. It is not as delicate as it seems, basically I am fine using it day to day. Not for riding of course.

I was just told to avoid getting in a knife or bar fight lol

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Maybe not as well known as The Wild One, The Fugitive Kind is still worth watching. As a bonus to me at least, there is a really cool jacket that I thought I should try reproducing.

View attachment 434375

View attachment 434376

Who else to turn to for such a unique than JL? :D

This jacket was completed quite some time ago, anyone following their Instagram would have seen it at some point. I wanted to take it personally from the shop and I did just that a month or so ago. In short it was made before the shark skin trucker.

I hesitated between going with the natural colour as it seems to be in this movie, or going for a more colourful choice. Ended up going for that striking blue in the end. If you are aiming for a dramatic knock out, might as well fully commit your weight to it lol

9kNSgCg.jpg

v3W8Dsq.jpg

IbdJSi4.jpg

Matching the hides and the scales is much trickier with this type of leather, I am really happy with the result
MFERNms.jpg

YMf8S2v.jpg

eFt7AKi.jpg

R9Qy1Cq.jpg

Edit: fixed a few mistakes
This looks like something Nicolas Cage would own.

red devil

This looks like something Nicolas Cage would own.

Most likely

This is so cool! I wondered if he was wearing matching shoes but he wasn't. I'm sure you have something bolder in your line-up :)

View attachment 434426

I will have to figure out what works with it and what doesn't :)

I have a pair of Carmina double monks in navy cordovan which I am sure would work. Or we can go more exotic with these:

1655884212023.png

Or go for a contrast with burgundy.

So many possibilities :D

red devil

Interesting enough, an image search for "Nicholas Cage Snakeskin Jacket" turned up this composite image:

View attachment 434429

I've never seen this Brando film, or the photos of his jacket, before - interesting stuff. The blue looks great. Would love to know more about the original...

Me too, I wonder if the jacket still even exists
Was his jacket actually blue? I couldn't picture him wearing blue.

I think it was in natural colour. As I said, I hesitated but decided to go for blue in the end

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I don't think it needs any breaking in, although it had some sort of top coat that makes the scales harder. The sclaes are what forms the skin if that makes sense. It is not as delicate as it seems, basically I am fine using it day to day. Not for riding of course.

I was just told to avoid getting in a knife or bar fight lol
People will bribe the coat check girl to steal this jacket. I'd keep it on the back of the chair at all times!

I remember Alan telling me that Cage was a customer of theirs.
Nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko