Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joe Kidd

RBH

Bartender
Mark G said:
I finished the lining on my hat and thought I'd post a pic.

lining.jpg

It's the first time I've done one from scratch so it could use some improvements, but I think it'll do for the first one.

I did the embroidery too, and like the lining was a first for me.
That is one GREAT JOB!!!
Very well done.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Quite impressive, Mark. At the fabric store I stumbled onto a demonstration of an embroidering machine. To know-nothing me, it looked like any modern sewing machine, but what I gathered from the brief time I was there to watch and listen is that it works with some computer program, where the design work is done. And then ... bing, bang, boom. It occurred to me that it would be just the thing for creating liner tops (if cost weren't such a consideration).

Looks like you got yourself one of those initial punches, eh? (eBay, maybe?) Must say, that perforated sweatband adds a special touch to the work. Bravo, Mark.

Stoney

Practically Family
Mark G said:
I finished the lining on my hat and thought I'd post a pic.

lining.jpg

It's the first time I've done one from scratch so it could use some improvements, but I think it'll do for the first one.

I did the embroidery too, and like the lining was a first for me.

Beautiful job Mark. I assume that you embroidered by hand and the work is fantastic.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I really like the "Joe Kidd" hat you made.
I've found myself in a cowboy/western hat frame of mind lately so this really jumped out at me. Have you made other hats as well?

Mark G

A-List Customer
I've done five hats, for myself, a friend, my Mom and Dad.

Here's a photo of a safari I did last year.

IMG_4472.jpg

My wife thinks I'm a little nuts as I have way more hats than heads.

Levallois

Practically Family
Mark,

Your Joe Kidd hat is a beaut! I have one question though, where's your broomhandle Mauser? IMHO, you can't "do" Joe Kidd without a broomie to blast away at Duval and the rest of the baddies.

Nice safari hat too.

John

fmw

One Too Many
I've been a big fan of this hat since I saw the movie "Joe Kidd" as a teenager. I could never find a suitable hat because the standard 6" crown left the telescope at 4 1/4" and it looked to short in proportion to the 4" brim. So I got a dark brown blank from Hatsupply.com and made my block about 6 3/8". I Liked the way the original had a flare at the top and while the brim looks flat, it has a slight snap at the back like a fedora.

I was pleased with the outcome and am working on the liner.

Cheers.

Joe20Kidd.jpg

JoeKidd.jpg

Wow, Fedora Lounge has some seriously skillful amateur hatters. I'm truly impressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot