Johnson Leather Jacket

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Jin431, Dec 13, 2020.

1. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

I got delays with JL, but the end results were always better than I was hoping so I don't mind, on the contrary I prefer to wait if I will always get such a good product.

There is always radio silence netween the order and the mock-up if any, and then until production starts. I prefer to leave them to it, for example, I just got communication about the timing for my next mock up. No need to worry, you are in good hands. :)

Canuck Panda, El Marro and Jin431 like this.
  2. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

That could be, of course. But if it were, it would be less than professional.

Hh121 likes this.
  3. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

This sounds plausible, even understandable in some cases. But once you have accepted a deposit I think you are bound to complete the order as agreed, or communicate when unexpected delays occur.
    I would echo others here that my experiences with Johnson Leathers have been quite positive and I’m sure they will deliver a fine jacket in the end.

Jasonindenver and Canuck Panda like this.
  4. Liam33

Liam33 New in Town

I'm sure its worth the wait, and I don't mind waiting at all, but when they tell you they're going to do something several times and then don't, and don't respond to emails or return calls... I was told initially it would be ready by Oct, then Nov, then first week of Dec.. etc.
    But this is my first ever custom jacket, I'm sure my experience is not the norm. I like JL's patterns the best and as long as everything is correct I will be very happy once they finally get it to me :)

Jin431 likes this.
  5. red devil

The only maker that were on time with me so far have been Lost Worlds and Electric Leather Studio.

Just take it as delayed gratification, that works for me :)

Canuck Panda, Jin431 and Marc mndt like this.
  6. Aloysius

Aloysius A-List Customer

I don’t think Johnson is screening and blowing off customers; that’s an unfair accusation.

Trying to run a business in San Francisco is hard enough apart from COVID and the recent crime spree.

Canuck Panda, Jin431 and red devil like this.
  7. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Actually, that has been the norm with most of my custom orders unfortunately. It really upset me the first couple times around but it is something I came to accept and as long as the jacket is everything you wanted once it arrives then you have won the game!

Marc mndt, Canuck Panda and Jin431 like this.
  8. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

delays are pretty normal especially for custom orders and it just happened to be the peak season for makers so everything will be slower. if you place an order in late spring or in the summer best believe you'll get your jacket order on time if not even earlier.

I hope they are safe and they don't have those mob come into their area. Pretty crazy how brazen those thieves can be in broad day light and all.

Canuck Panda and Aloysius like this.
  9. Fifty150

Fifty150 One Too Many

Pick up the phone. Reach out. Reach out and touch someone. Call Johnson's. Ask them how they are doing. Express your best wishes for their welfare. I'm sure that they would love to hear from you.

Chevalier, El Marro and Canuck Panda like this.
  10. JCSD

JCSD Practically Family

New @johnsonleathersf aviator inspired Cross Zip in German horsehide

AA75FD96-2691-446D-BCF7-0F366DC74D97.jpeg
    F6BA7075-A204-49E3-BD37-F2A79CD42C98.jpeg

11. TheDonEffect

TheDonEffect A-List Customer

JCSD and Jin431 like this.
  12. TheDonEffect

Is that what happened to you?

How'd it go with everyone else? I mean I know times are busy but I would hope they maintained their usual stellar service.

13. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda Practically Family

How did I miss this!!!

Excellent!

How is the leather? Does it feel oily or waxy or velvety? I assume this is the Blattwerk Horsehide that they finish in house. Sevenberry lining?

JL is behind, but so are other makers I have orders with. FWIW they are still my top 3 at the moment, so everything I say is bias. Good things are worth the wait. And to be fair it hasn't been that long. My orders are running about 1.5 to 2 months behind schedule. And I am good with that.

El Marro, TheDonEffect and Jin431 like this.
  14. Kuro

Kuro Practically Family

JCSD likes this.
  15. JCSD

JCSD Practically Family

Thanks! Really enjoying it.

Kuro likes this.
  16. Liam33

Liam33 New in Town

Update: JL has the best customer service. They were able to get my jacket shipped out before Christmas and I received it shortly after. It is an incredible jacket and every measurement was spot on perfect like I asked for. Unfortunately I have to have some adjustments made (my fault) and JL is not going to charge me for it. IMG_9087.jpg IMG_9208.jpg IMG_9214.jpg

17. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

brown cafe racers are so cool. hopefully the alterations are to make the jacket smaller since that's so much easier to do. congrats

Canuck Panda and Liam33 like this.
  18. TheDonEffect

All's well that ends well. Stunning leather choice!

Canuck Panda likes this.
  19. JCSD

JCSD Practically Family

A little softer and more pliable than most horsehides that I’ve owned. Creases well and is very easy to wear from the get-go.

TheDonEffect and Canuck Panda like this.
  20. red devil

Wow!