Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leather Jacket

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
^^^I was just about to post this!

IMG_7841.jpg

I think I know. If you google search you can find him on FDL here. He already has a dozen 5oz Bison JL jackets. It is natural to go up to 7oz.

The thing with thick hides you gotta keep the panels simple, like this one, which I believe is a M200-L variant.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
It's like Horsepower wars. Every new one that comes out is slightly more powerful. Belt leather thickness is about 8/9 oz, so we have not seen it maxed out, yet.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
In theory one could do a 2mm horsehide outer shell and lined it with 1.2mm horsehide lining and end this war. Horse beats Steer but they don't come this thick, at least not large enough panels. Plus the outside shell + lining combo will make things more wearable. Just a theory...

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How long until someone decides to send Shawn an 8oz strip to top this guy, and we end up with CHL 2?

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
It's like Horsepower wars. Every new one that comes out is slightly more powerful. Belt leather thickness is about 8/9 oz, so we have not seen it maxed out, yet.

And just like the horsepower wars, cars will become increasingly useless and not fun besides in extreme conditions.

I don't get the point of this, but to each their own.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I think this 7.25oz jacket belongs to one of the member here. And he is coming out of retirement to reclaim his throne. When in reality he just wears two of his 5oz Bison jackets together and he was always the undefeated Champion.

Or maybe this is JL flexing their leather skills muscles on sewing thick leathers.

The reason behind the jacket doesn't matter anymore. I was entertained. For that, I am grateful for the existence of this beast of a jacket. I thought I seen it all when the Sharkskin truckers showed up on their insta, now this. I can't fathom what will come next, or is there a final chapter at all?

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think this 7.25oz jacket belongs to one of the member here. And he is coming out of retirement to reclaim his throne. When in reality he just wears two of his 5oz Bison jackets together and he was always the undefeated Champion.

Or maybe this is JL flexing their leather skills muscles on sewing thick leathers.

The reason behind the jacket doesn't matter anymore. I was entertained. For that, I am grateful for the existence of this beast of a jacket. I thought I seen it all when the Sharkskin truckers showed up on their insta, now this. I can't fathom what will come next, or is there a final chapter at all?

No end to it so far, there doesn't seem to be any limits. I am working on another unique idea, although it won't be the next project with JL, but the one after.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner