Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leather Jacket

Rugby

One of the Regulars
Yeah, they've never responded to any of my emails or IG messages haha
Well, that's not my experience. All my orders from them were initiated via email and they answered, I'd say, promptly. Maybe they've been overly busy lately...?

Rugby

One of the Regulars
@Canuck Panda, do you have a ballpark price tag for the hides/sgft you're talking about? After I spoke with Damon at JL for two jackets, my son's and mine, we will need approximately 90-100 sqft of leather.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
@Canuck Panda, do you have a ballpark price tag for the hides/sgft you're talking about? After I spoke with Damon at JL for two jackets, my son's and mine, we will need approximately 90-100 sqft of leather.
Not yet, but as soon as I get something concrete I'll post them here.

Noted on the 90-100 sf. I asked for a quote for 170 to 200 sf, it can easily be adjusted to 220 to accommodate that. I was gonna order enough for at least 5 jackets anyways. And if there were some scraps leftover I could squeeze another vest for myself out of it.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Alright, so things are moving faster than I thought. Japanese efficiency or maybe they just wanted to get this done before they shut down for summer break.

193 square feet (15 hides) will be on their way to this side of the Pacific soon.

Japanese tannery use decimeter instead of square footage. And the current price per decimeter is ¥100. The total with shipping, not including import tax, is ¥203,500. So that's USD $1425 for 193 square feet, so each square feet would be $7.38 plus import taxes, lets say 10%, I am certain it would be less because only tax on amount over $800, plus Fedex brokerage fee which should be around 20 to 30 dollars.

So I am guesstimating that the Shinki leather will land in JL for under $8 per sf. This is pretty good deal, better than what I paid in 2021 (10.50 plus).

I am doing a G-1 jacket in this hide so take 43 sf out, there will still be 150 sf left from this batch. If we are short on some square footage I can make a second order to top up and get them to send some of that chrome tan garment brown leather I can use it for something else.

Anyways, once the leather arrives at JL Damon can go through and let us all know if we are short or there is enough.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Rugby

One of the Regulars
I'm in, for about 45 sqft. I will only order one jacket as two would need about 100sqft.

Astrobrainsurgeon

New in Town
Dang, I'm in the middle of moving right now so I think it would be difficult to coordinate the fit jackets with JL right now. Please put me at the very bottom of the list aka if you have enough other folks you all go ahead. If you have left over leather I might try to make it work.
I'll be in for round 2 though if that happens a bit in the future.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Sorry FDL is very slow for me since last night and I couldn't log in from time to time.

So the Shinki that will arrive next Tuesday is Black teacore, not brown. Sorry for the confusions. That's for my own amusement as I was wanting to check it out.

Can't do anything until the hides clears customs and arrives at JL. Next tues...

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
And as it turns out, door bell rang five minutes ago, a second one just landed.

Used JL Barneveld from a certain fellow Canadian Lounger. „So-thick-it-makes-you-giggle“- Horween navy blue steerhide. The color on this is literally impossible to catch on camera, it has shades of blue, green and grey. Think the ocean on a cloudy day.
B6182BB4-E6A6-4558-B87A-231D56339AAB.jpeg
70F05DA3-E50D-48E0-89D8-763BC25CF86F.jpeg

tuanhng614

Familiar Face
Both look great on you.

Got just have to wear them on the entire weekend to get the folded lines out of the Barneveld

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner