Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leathers WWL-41

Goel

A-List Customer
I notice the back gusset doesn't go all the way to the top of the shoulder, but apparently it still has good range of motion? I read some posts here that said those kinds of gussets didn't help much, so I wonder how they did it. Is there an armpit gusset?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I notice the back gusset doesn't go all the way to the top of the shoulder, but apparently it still has good range of motion? I read some posts here that said those kinds of gussets didn't help much, so I wonder how they did it. Is there an armpit gusset?
The Langlitz Columbia I own has exactly the same action back as this jacket (coincidence?) and it has a wonderful range of motion. I think this is partly due to the fact that is made from their mid weight cowhide so it is not too heavy and also because it has underarm “football” gussets.
I do own an Aero Bootlegger in CXL horsehide with an action back and it does not seem to add much mobility to the jacket.

This jacket does have the under arm “footballs” and it’s a great design feature which helps with mobility for sure. At 210lbs I should not have even been able to put this jacket on, given the measurements. I could wear it though. But my other recent JL just felt better. It’s interesting as that one has a 21” spread across the shoulders and a full AB. By all accounts it should be a size too large. It’s actually perfect though.
E4EE1E1F-E898-44B6-BAB7-5130781023A1.jpeg
5EABFA11-BB88-4A21-AE39-96ACAAF2868C.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy