Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jos. Banks Leather Aviators

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
Anybody own one of these leather aviator jackets from Jos. Banks? There's a sale on until Dec 2 and I have been looking for something to wear when riding my motorcycle (at low velocity, I wear an abrasion suit if I am on highways).

Thanks,

M8

Boris K

One of the Regulars

MB

I have a Jos A Bank "Signature New Zealand Open Bottom Lambskin Jacket."

It's about 3 years old, the quality is good. It is cut rather large through the waist. It would be a good idea, if possible, to try on the aviator jacket.

TCameron

Familiar Face
The sale may be over, but I know you can still get them at a reasonable price. I have the New Zealand Lambskin aviator and for $179 you can't beat it, especially when they usually charge $550 for it. However, I did notice that on particularly windy days it gets whipped around and acts like a trash bag hanging off of me. I'm certainly not swimming in the jacket, but and excess material in the back gets moved around quickly. I would suggest getting a heavier coat to circumnavigate this problem, especially if you're riding on a motorcycle, and I know they offer a substantially heavier coat for another $100. Best of Luck,

T Cameron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran