Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just finished this hat for a customer

jpdesign

Vendor
10x western felt, 4 1/2 inch brim, 4 1/2 inch crown, 1 3/8 inch ribbon(polyester and metalic Blend) wide under bound edge with no pleats. "gold" rope and button w/ anchor for details.

Jimmy

Topper

Vendor
skwerl-hat said:
what a beautiful hat!
i wish the tricorner and bi corner hat would come back in style! who wants to bring about the revival?:eusa_clap

Give it time - Still reviving the Toppers and Bowlers from the 19C & 10C!
lol

Topper

Vendor
Bit of Historic Terms -

Galloon = Gold braind used on hats
Cockade= Rosetta on side, nowdays usually only used on Chauffeur caps, Military / Governement officers

jpdesign said:
We were talking about hats and his collection, he said he didn't have a bicorn. later he sent pictures and I got to work.

admiral1.jpg

admiral2.jpg

Jimmy

Cobden

Practically Family
Just out of curiosity, is it designed to a certain specification (e.g. embroidered as per Navy Regs for an Admiral in the Royal Navy) or just how you felt?

Oddly enough, the uniform my father was, until recently, could have had a bicorn. Of course, he'd have had to have bought the uniform himself, which included a silver bullion laced cottee and would have cost well into the thousands if not tens of thousands of pounds, and he would never have had an opportunity to wear it, so he never actually got had one made.

Davidson

One of the Regulars
Questions from ignorance

Would one wear the thing front/back or side-side? Didn't Napoleon wear a bicorn side to side but navy officers front to back?

If the brim could be loosened back as well as front, a bicorn form might also make a very practical outdoor hat for windy locations or when moving at speed. Even with the hat anchored via strap or string, securing the brim would be useful. So although this seems very ornamental, it could also be very functional. Are there examples of more "everyday" hats like this?

Oh yes, stunning hat. Congratulations!

metropd

One Too Many
is that supposed to be a pirate hat!?
:eusa_doh:

ignorance is not a sin its just a lack of wisdom and experience.

By the way pirates did not command the royal navy or have their bodies buried in national monuments as attributed to being one of the greatest leaders in history. Nor did they defeat one of the most powerful armies in the world at Grenoble on July 5, 1815 nor did these pirates heroically restore order to a chaotic civil unrest in Italy (1840-1845) from murderous thugs and other criminals of that sort.

Great hat again JP!;)

skwerl-hat

One of the Regulars
Give it time - Still reviving the Toppers and Bowlers from the 19C & 10C!

i dont own a bowler yet but the hat addiction is dragging me inexorably in that direction.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR