Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just put in my order for an Aero 1930's HB

cuchulain

Familiar Face
Good choice, nice fit! I know it's only personal preference but I'd be itching to wet and shape that collar :)

Thank you. I know I'm the minority around here where I just wear the jacket to break it in, but that's what I do, toss it on and let it wrinkle and break in from the movement of my body. I'll rub the collar a little, but it settles down quickly with daily wear and my neck rubbing up against it.

Looks great man, congratulations. I'm sure that you'll enjoy it. It's a rather all-year long jacket. Today that was a bit colder I wore mine layered with a shackleton waistcoat - it kept the cold away.

Thanks, not sure this will get me through an upstate NY winter but I should be able to get 6-8 months out of it (spring and fall/early winter) depending on how early the real cold sets in (I have an old shearling for the real winter weather). I can't layer heavily under the HB1930, but I can get a sweater or thin hoodie under it. I'm debating getting a slightly baggier 1950's HB with Alpaca wool for the winter. Maybe next year.

I wore the jacket to work today (we're business casual so it goes fine with what I wear), I forgot how self-conscious I get wearing a new leather jacket. Like I said, it's almost too nice! Once it breaks in a little it will be like a second skin like the Roadster which gets a ton of compliments, my CEO even asked me where I got it (I sent him to Aero, it only seemed right since it's their pattern).

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Thanks, not sure this will get me through an upstate NY winter but I should be able to get 6-8 months out of it (spring and fall/early winter) depending on how early the real cold sets in (I have an old shearling for the real winter weather). I can't layer heavily under the HB1930, but I can get a sweater or thin hoodie under it. I'm debating getting a slightly baggier 1950's HB with Alpaca wool for the winter. Maybe next year.

Yes, the thickest I can layer with mine is my shaklteon waistcoat over a shirt. Probably not warm enough for winter indeed. If you consider a baggier cut then consider a shearling lining. I have an alpaca lined mariner and though much warmer than my HB still not warm enough for near freezing temperatures.

OceanBreeze

One of the Regulars
With the exchange rate I couldn't pass it up, basically $830 for a new 1930's HB in FQHHCX Cordovan. I have to send in measurements I guess but other than that it's just a waiting game now.

Yeah that rate is tempting. I just tried on one of those as a test fit jacket from thurston bros. Very impressed with it. Getting a Mulligan though.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Yeah that rate is tempting. I just tried on one of those as a test fit jacket from thurston bros. Very impressed with it. Getting a Mulligan though.
I think for the most part a Mulligan (or Maxwell) is simply a 1930's HB with button closure instead of zipper.

Jason King

New in Town
This is an great jacket! The fit looks dead on as well. I'm looking at either the Aero 1930sHB in CXL FQHH in cordovan or possibly a Aero Dustbowl in same. This would be a one-time purchase as I cannot afford multiple jackets and would look for something to wear everyday. Any advice?

cuchulain

Familiar Face
This is an great jacket! The fit looks dead on as well. I'm looking at either the Aero 1930sHB in CXL FQHH in cordovan or possibly a Aero Dustbowl in same. This would be a one-time purchase as I cannot afford multiple jackets and would look for something to wear everyday. Any advice?

I'm only keeping two leather jackets and the 1930's HB would be the keeper for sure, is really versatile and has a great profile, it's a flattering jacket because of the cut. For everyday wear I don't think you could go wrong with the 1930's HB. The Dustbowl looks the same as a 1930's HB except it has no upper front pocket and a three section panel instead of a single panel upper back. Both would look great and work for everyday wear, it just comes down to aesthetics, which one you prefer.

Don't expect either to be very useful during a Colorado winter though.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Excellent Jacket!! Excellent fit too,,, 30's HB is one of the most versatile jackets I've ever had.

Jason King

New in Town
I'm only keeping two leather jackets and the 1930's HB would be the keeper for sure, is really versatile and has a great profile, it's a flattering jacket because of the cut. For everyday wear I don't think you could go wrong with the 1930's HB. The Dustbowl looks the same as a 1930's HB except it has no upper front pocket and a three section panel instead of a single panel upper back. Both would look great and work for everyday wear, it just comes down to aesthetics, which one you prefer.

Cuchulain - thanks for your thoughtful reply. I'm going to post a few pics of the fit jacket (1930s HB) that Thurston Bros just sent on Friday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk