Justified FX Hat

Discussion in 'Hats' started by msm007, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Driving my wife nuts dept. = I pointed out to her that the silver tab on the end of his hatband was missing this season.
    Doesn't the wardrobe dept keep an eye out for things like this?
    My wife says she doesn't look for stuff like this. I say I don't either but just notice them....her reply was "Hat Nerd!"

2. 007

007 One of the Regulars

Good eye! I suppose they could put it down to wear and tear

3. MikePotts

MikePotts Practically Family

The new crazy eyed henchman with the single action revolver had himself a new fedora made "Custom, cost a pretty penny" and I must admit it looked kinda cool! - anyone here have anything to do with that?

4. Nice hat!

5. Fed in a Fedora

Fed in a Fedora Practically Family

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  6. jlw

jlw One of the Regulars

I've read similar things on Leonard's statements about the hat. In one, he said he envisioned the same type of hat worn by the cops in the picture with Lee Harvey Oswald.

[​IMG]

007 likes this.
  7. Yep, I've read Fire in the Hole & other shorts by Elmore Leonard that introduced Raylan Givens plus book Raylan he wrote afterwards. The Open Road is the hat as he described it, kind that ranch owners wore...the character also wore suits different from what TO wears, lots of creative license taken. I like the hat used but would've loved if a good, vintage 7X CB Open Road was used. JMHO

8. Agreed, Tom, I love those old ORs.

9. jlw

jlw One of the Regulars

In the short story, Raylan shot Boyd with a S&W .45 wheelgun, a target model if I remember correctly. The Raylan/Boyd linkage in the show was not the original plan, but the chemistry between the two along with Walton Goggins' performance in the pilot caused the show to change course. Originally, Boyd was supposed to die in the pilot.

10. Yep, Raylan did not carry a Glock like he does on TV...he also had son(s) & was no longer cordial with his ex-wife....

11. Fed in a Fedora

The problem is that the books are somewhat out of date on important points and inaccurate on others. The tech advisor (Charlie A.) would not leave such an anachronism as a revolver for the primary handgun in the modern age because people know this is no longer reality.

Also, the LBJ styled Open Road hat is not common to them today. Was not common all the way back through the early 1980s.

Fed

12. Joao Encarnado

Joao Encarnado I'll Lock Up

Some TV shows are adaptations or based on books.
    Look at The Walking Dead, Andrea ans Sofia are still alive in the books and in the show they died long ago. Darryl do not exist.

13. jlw

jlw One of the Regulars

Raylan got a new hat.

14. He sure ended up needing one.

15. Bamaboots

Bamaboots

Come on, HD at least post a spoiler alert!

16. Hey..I wasn't being specified
    :cool:

17. Joao Encarnado

Joao Encarnado I'll Lock Up

SPOILER ALERT:
    When the hat hits the ground in stops with brim down but in the next shot it appears crown down and we're able to see a XXXX marking on the sweatband.
    We also can see the liner of the new hat when the previous owner is laying on the ground.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. jlw

jlw One of the Regulars

Spoiler:

Olyphant on the hats:

19. RBH

RBH Bartender

" I wear it everywhere. It’s awesome. It’s got a matchstick in it. It’s a good-looking hat."

Some more of the interview.... I believe it may be a Nick Fouguet made hat.

20. Fed in a Fedora

Great screen grab!

Stetson San Angelo Collection 4X Marshall. In spite of Stetson's poor spelling and the wool material, this seems to answer the hat question.