Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Khaki shirt recommendations?

Edward

Bartender
How accurate do you want to go - are you looking to put together a uniform replica, or do you just want a shirt in that style or civilian use? I have a tan coloured shirt of Dutch military origin (modern, but in classic military style with two flap chest pockets, epaulettes, and the works) which I picked up a few years ago for a couple of pounds in an army surplus shop... could be an option.

Spoonbelly

One of the Regulars
You can buy the real thing on Ebay. You do have to wait till your size is posted though. There are a few categories you can look under - DSCP shirt, USAF uniform shirt, USAF Khaki shirt, USAF dress shirt. I have bought US Marines, and US Navy shirts which were new surplus, and I have a large size which did take me a while to find.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Sometimes ebay sellers have good other than what is listed. For instance, for any given size of any given 'khaki shirt,' for example, the seller may have other sizes available that haven't been listed. It's worth a shot to contact the seller if you like something that's listed (and the price) to see if s/he has other sizes available.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Ok I know I am about to commit a small heresy and divert away from a strictly military khaki shirt. Bear with me though, I was on a bike ride recently and dropped in to Colonel Littleton's store in Lynnville, TN. They have a website too which I posted below. I bought one of their shirts and I got to tell you it is one of the best fitting Khaki shirts I have had in awhile. Too hot to wear down here this summer but come fall it will be a mainstay. I do plan on buying some more somewhere down the road.

http://www.colonellittleton.com/?p=products&cat=45

Corto

A-List Customer
Oneterrifichog and Equality...thanks for those links...those look great...

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
At the front. I picked this shirt up and it's built like a tank. Made in America too. I love it. Going to add the slacks too.

http://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=USUSEK

Don't get me wrong, my ATF-khaki chino gets everyday wear... it's very, very well made, and looks better and better... but... it's not made in the USA. If you read carefully on their website, it clearly says: imported, meaning, not made in the USA (my chinos were made in China... for those who care)..

cbrunt

One of the Regulars
Very little of ATF stuff is made in the US....

But his caveat about period shirts NOT have a tapered body is suspect in my mind. I've seen tons of WW2 khaki shirts- not like they are rare in ANY sense- and they've all been cut with the tapered body...

"Taper: Like originals and most dress shirts sold today, these are NOT tapered. This is 100% correct. If you have a slim waist you may need to have the sides taken in if you want a "sharper" appearance. If you have a pot gut, rejoice."

Hugh Beaumont

One of the Regulars
I own several "Khaki Field Shirts" and the best one I own is the Indiana Jones shirt from Todd's. The costume designers modeled Indy's shirt and pants after officer wear of the era (mid 30's). It definitely looks vintage military.

I love my Todd's shirt and wear it often with a pair of jeans.

http://www.toddscostumes.com/product/357210/Coyles-Indiana-Jones-Style-Shirt/

Though not military by any means, I bought this Two pack from Sportsman Guide. One in black and one in Khaki and I love them:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=803735

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana