Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KO' Win By Johnson Leather

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Unique jacket to say the least. Really cool write up to let us experience your journey as well. If this were a car being purchased, I would describe it as "LOADED". Not one aspect of this piece is Ho-Hum. So many details---Even the details have details!!!!!!!!! As has been mentioned, I look forward to seeing future fit and break in pics.

My 2 Cents on the Bicep Pocket (glad that Carlos asked about it because I was curious as well):
Initially, that pocket jumped out at me and I thought it was perhaps a little bit of "Gilding the Lily". But this Lily has all kind of gilding (in a good way) beyond just the bicep pocket. Like others, now that I know there is a specific purpose intended for the bicep pocket, I say YOU GOTTA KEEP IT AS IS!!! Its so much in the spirit of your custom design cultivated from your many inspirations and you should use it as YOU, THE MAKER, intended.

Sometimes when I look at art or talk to artists, I ask them (or myself) "How do you know when you are done??" How does an artist know the art is finished because it seems you could just keep tweaking and adding forever and ever!!! That said, I think this piece of art is done and you should be proud of it and enjoy it.

Thanks for sharing.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Unique jacket to say the least. Really cool write up to let us experience your journey as well. If this were a car being purchased, I would describe it as "LOADED". Not one aspect of this piece is Ho-Hum. So many details---Even the details have details!!!!!!!!! As has been mentioned, I look forward to seeing future fit and break in pics.

My 2 Cents on the Bicep Pocket (glad that Carlos asked about it because I was curious as well):
Initially, that pocket jumped out at me and I thought it was perhaps a little bit of "Gilding the Lily". But this Lily has all kind of gilding (in a good way) beyond just the bicep pocket. Like others, now that I know there is a specific purpose intended for the bicep pocket, I say YOU GOTTA KEEP IT AS IS!!! Its so much in the spirit of your custom design cultivated from your many inspirations and you should use it as YOU, THE MAKER, intended.

Sometimes when I look at art or talk to artists, I ask them (or myself) "How do you know when you are done??" How does an artist know the art is finished because it seems you could just keep tweaking and adding forever and ever!!! That said, I think this piece of art is done and you should be proud of it and enjoy it.

Thanks for sharing.

I agree with that reasoning, originally i thought the bicep pockets where a bit much, but if they serve a function to you who am i to tell you to remove them.
I wouldn't want them on my jacket, but if they work for you keep them.

Uffizi

New in Town

Thanks for sharing.

Wow never would have thought of it like that. Definitely going to have to ponder on this one now. I'll play it by feel this first full week of wear and see how it goes. Also a great excuse to enjoy a lot of cigars.

Will upload some pics of usage and wear at the end with my decision.

Thanks again for really giving me something to think about.

01flhr

One of the Regulars
Its so busy, but the work is so good. I would absolutely love to own that. Im not going to lie, i hated it and wasnt going to comment when i first looked at it, but after looking at all the details its awesome. Ill bet that feels like a trillion dollars to wear.

Edward

Bartender
Originally designed them for cigars. So zip is for the cigar in tube. Then one snap for torch lighter, the other for matches in tin spark box.

Not sure if I love the look though so I'm actually thinking about sending the jacket back to Alan and having the panel replaced with just a regular arm. Would actually love an opinion on them. Keep or toss?

I'd keep them - it's a unique feature, and part of what makes this jacket just that little bit different from everything else out there. I like the combination of features into something that has an overall vintage aesthetic without necessarily being an exact repro of something made back in the day. Looks very nicely executed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana