Kromers

Discussion in 'Hats' started by cooper, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Duper; Timing is perfect. After recieving the e-mail that describes the co. stopping to cheer your order and then hinting they wanted to visit when you opened the box and got the first glance on their creation, YOU MUST send them a pic of the event. Cake, beverages, streamers, balloons....you know standard stuff when a new cap or hat arrive.

After you send the pic, would you share the pic with us folks here. It will save me a trip to your kitchen and the possibility I might track in some dirt? Much thanks.

Eric -

2. Hoyt Clagwell

Hoyt Clagwell One of the Regulars

Mine arrived today. I really like the Partridge Plaid. Pretty neat cap.

3. Duper

Duper Practically Family

[​IMG]

Well it is not outdoors and a winter wonderland, but I did get complemented on my new Kromer. This is fresh in from a trip to the park with the pooches. It was below freezing and my ears did need the cover.

There may be another Kromer ordered in soon. My wife might like one of their brimless models.

Hoyt, post a picture of that new partridge plaid. My wife thought that might be a good choice for another for myself.

,,,Mike

4. The Wiser Hatter

The Wiser Hatter I'll Lock Up

5. Nick D

Nick D Call Me a Cab

I've got a grey Stormy Kromer. Around here half or more of the men and about a quarter of the women you'll see are wearing Kromers in the winter.

6. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Nick; It would be fun to see a crowd of folks in Kromers. I see them occasionally around the Twin Cities, MN, but see them frequently when I am traveling on the Iron Range or the Superior Forest areas of MN.

Here is another winter pic of my Kromer at work. My hat has done some real work this winter.

[​IMG]

Eric -

7. leo

leo One of the Regulars

They were standard issue where I grew up in Western Michigan.

Jeff Daniels, the actor and musician and lifelong resident of Michigan, has a series of webisodes on YouTube extolling his home state and the RV life. In one of the videos, called Sacred Ground, he is at the giant cap outside the factory and acts like he is overcome with emotion.

I think he wears that hat in all the videos and references it a couple of times. Not everyone appreciates his dry sense of humor but Kromer and north woods types will understand.

BTW, that actually is his motor home and he does drive it in the winter.

8. Duper

Duper Practically Family

There are four Kromer hats in my neighbourhood alone. All different colours to boot.

Okay, ya got me. Yes all four are mine.

9. LoveMyHats2

LoveMyHats2 I'll Lock Up

Nice hat, have had them since I was very young and out in the snow, have had one wool cap also that had the ear flaps in the "down" position from Woolrich (typical red plaid winter hats). Been a few times I would wear the traditional wool "bank robber" watch hat complete with face mask, and the Kromer or Woolrich on top of that to keep warm.