L2B Flight Jacket.. Who Sells..??

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by KentH, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Brettafett

Brettafett One Too Many

Yes, I bought a couple of B-10s (Bob Dong and a Bronson) off Ebay, from a guy called Lee... Took about a week, easy, no import duties or taxes into the UK. Great prices, great details. I understand these are copied off Buzz Rickson and Real McCoy jackets. Very good copies mind you.

2. Brettafett

Brettafett One Too Many

What size after? There a guy on the other forum selling one:
    FS SKYLINE CLOTHING CORP L-2B Summer Wright, XL

3. Doctor Damage

Doctor Damage My Mail is Forwarded Here

Okay good to know. I try hard to avoid UPS and Fedex and now DHS, regular mail is hugely preferable and cheaper.

Does the company have an official e-bay shop, or is it just re-sellers?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  4. Edward

Edward Bartender

The Bronson looks cracking; I've only not ordered one because I suspect the top end sizes on their jackets are all just a bit too small for me. Got my eye on them for when they discover the Western market properly, though....

Monsoon likes this.
  5. mihai

mihai One of the Regulars

6. Big J

Big J Call Me a Cab

@Blackadder,

That's interesting, I never noticed MASH selling those before. I wouldn't mind having a look at one of those.

7. Blackadder

Blackadder Call Me a Cab

MOC usually only do small batches of repro. I doubt I have ever seen any "定番" and these are their latest special order.

8. Peacoat

Peacoat I'll Lock Up

I have an MA-1 from the mid 60s by Alpha. The MA-1 is the cold weather version of the L2-B. I also have a L2-B, but it is by Satellite. Both of these suppliers had military contracts. I think my L2-B was issued, and I later bought the MA-1. So, you should be able to get the L2-B on ebay. May find one by Alpha, or it may be by another supplier.

If you get one of these original issue jackets, look for one that is one or two sizes larger than what you normally wear. They had a tendency to shrink.

9. Edward

Edward Bartender

FWIW, I've seen a couple of fairly nice L2B types over the years being sold comercial as "MA1-lite".

Speaking of which, did anyone ever have a go at one of the Rothco jackets? Tempting price, but....

10. Doctor Damage

Doctor Damage My Mail is Forwarded Here

Do you mean Bronson? Rothco doesn't make an L2B and as far as I've seen never did. Their jackets are bottom-of-the-barrel in any case.

11. Edward

Edward Bartender

Rothco are one of those who do an "MA1 lite". Online reviews rave about them, but alas I've learned not to trust most of those.

12. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

I've got a '79 L-2B alpha service issue that is a regular wearer, just be careful of back length when looking at these, I have purchased a couple that were so short they would have looked silly unless worn over a flight suit.