Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L2B (or not 2B?) that is the question

SOCSOC

New in Town
Good evening & sorry for the Shakespeare pun...

I came across The Fedora Lounge whilst trying to research the provenance of my flight jacket (bought in Covent Garden, London a few years ago). I may decide to sell it and want to get it right so that a buyer would be getting exactly what they were looking for. I'm seriously in awe of the knowledge and attention to detail running through the posts and threads here - really amazing - and so wonder if any members may be able to help; photos attached.

A few things I've been thinking about:
I think that epaulettes were discontinued on L2Bs decades ago, but this piece looks and feels not too old.
But there is no year reference on the inside pocket details.
There's also no reference to lining.
I'm guessing that this IS genuine Alpha but is not military issue?

Thank you so much in advance on any clues, ideas, opinions and even thoughts about a fair asking price. Thanks!
L2B_01.jpg
L2B_02.jpg
L2B_03.jpg
L2B_04.jpg

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I was selling in the UK I’d want at least £65.00 for it. Values of the ‘Made in USA’ have gone up a bit, over here at least..

SOCSOC

New in Town
If I was selling in the UK I’d want at least £65.00 for it. Values of the ‘Made in USA’ have gone up a bit, over here at least..
Hey bn
Thx for the comment; appreciate your thoughts. I actually paid maybe 80 cash in a Covent Garden shop 3 or 4 years ago (maybe Flip - is that still going??) and was hoping to recoup that. So I’ll probably post it for sale @80 & be happy with a small hit on that. Thanks again!

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I w
Hey bn
Thx for the comment; appreciate your thoughts. I actually paid maybe 80 cash in a Covent Garden shop 3 or 4 years ago (maybe Flip - is that still going??) and was hoping to recoup that. So I’ll probably post it for sale @80 & be happy with a small hit on that. Thanks again!
I would hope you’d get £80 back on it without too much effort. I’d try £100 BIN to start (with offers) & come down slightly on that. USA made ones used to sell for as little as £45 a few years back & I have a few of the cleaner examples from that period. Prices defo on the up these days….

SOCSOC

New in Town
I w

I would hope you’d get £80 back on it without too much effort. I’d try £100 BIN to start (with offers) & come down slightly on that. USA made ones used to sell for as little as £45 a few years back & I have a few of the cleaner examples from that period. Prices defo on the up these days….
Good advice, thx! Excuse my ignorance: BIN?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner