Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies watches

zombi

A-List Customer
Oh, I just got a Gruen watch! I wish I knew the exact year it's from, but I don't know how to find that out. It came to me in working order. It's a "Veri-Thin" watch. It has a metal band that is, um, well it's like little links and it stretches, sort of. No clasp or anything I mean. It's a pretty little thing, makes such a lively ticking sound, and I love it regardless of when it is from. I'll try to take its photograph.

This website tells me that the Veri-Thin model wristwatch was launched in 1938, but I don't know anything else about the whole business!

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
I have a small collection of vintage watches that I wear often. This (Bulova) I save for special occasions. It's from the mid 50's.
6154242106_a8cb79fe87.jpg

Jannie

New in Town
Modern – But Vintage Style

The Swiss manufacturer Auguste Reymond has a wonderful model combining modern high tech production technology, traditional handicraft and vintage inspired design: 20 micronized gold and steel case, dark blue steel hands, sapphirecabouchon in the crown, mother of pearl dial, sapphire glass and high quality ETA 2824-automatic movement visible from the back.

When you compare the design and the technical quality with other brands, the prize is really very, very reasonable. I bought one a year ago, and I just love wearing it both as a day- & night watch.

DSCF4667.JPG

DSCF4671.JPG

DSCF4672.JPG

MissDecember

New in Town
The Swiss manufacturer Auguste Reymond has a wonderful model combining modern high tech production technology, traditional handicraft and vintage inspired design: 20 micronized gold and steel case, dark blue steel hands, sapphirecabouchon in the crown, mother of pearl dial, sapphire glass and high quality ETA 2824-automatic movement visible from the back.

When you compare the design and the technical quality with other brands, the prize is really very, very reasonable. I bought one a year ago, and I just love wearing it both as a day- & night watch.

DSCF4667.JPG

DSCF4671.JPG

DSCF4672.JPG

Wow, that is beautiful!

Jannie

New in Town
Timekeeping?

Here are two more of my watches
Lady Elgin, white gold with a peach coloured dial. I wear this most days
6343133608_dd9643e395.jpg

and a rose gold Bulova. I like the numerals on the dial, but it's very small & a little difficult to read
6343138130_8083333401.jpg

Really nice watches – especially the Elgin watch. Do they keep time...?

Alice Blue

One of the Regulars
I've just purchased my first vintage watch: a Gruen Veri-Thin. The price was right, it seems to keep time, and the band is large enough for my 7" wrist. I'm not used to the look yet - the face seems tiny in proportion to my wrist. There were quite a few Veri-Thin ads to look at on Ebay showing similar watches from 1939-1944.

IMG_0786.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW