Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies with Really Big Hats

Warbaby

One Too Many
HadleyH said:
Could this hat have been the inspiration?
They are a wee bit similar, Warbaby.... but i think i like this one below better!:D :p :D
Bearskin_PSF.png

Now that's a truly silly hat!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
We're all silly. It's only a matter of perspective -

I do love seeing the hats in this thread. Please keep 'em coming.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Not too big but very healthy!

More recent but, who can forget the Brazilian samba actress Carmen Miranda and her fruit salad hat? She was so much fun!

3264953112_1fd7cfa389.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Warbaby said:
I like the whispy white feathers around the brim of this hat - it's the perfect touch for her white summer outfit. Nice dog, as well. Anybody know what kind of dog it is?

The two dogs do look remarkably similar at a glance. And what I can see of general body structure makes me think that they could be sighthounds of some sort. Russian Wolfhounds perhaps?

I think that's probably the general type, but sometimes the smallest anatomical details (such as toes or such) can distinguish one breed from another. And of course they may not be pure breeds in any case.

Warbaby

One Too Many
lady eel said:
I believe it (or they) are Borzoi, often featured in art and photos from Victorian to Deco periods

Thanks, lady eel - I thought they might be Borzoi, the Definitive Deco Dog, but the head of that first one didn't look quite long and narrow enough. Might be a mix, though.

Warbaby

One Too Many
HadleyH said:
Little ladies also were forced to wear really big hats! Fashion is fashion, isn't it? :p

ee14111_easter.jpg

Now I've gotta go through my files and see if I have any photos of Little Ladies in Really Big Hats...

Meanwhile, here's a wonderfully plumed hat with more fabulous fur:

lady_sexyfur.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner