Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lady's Hats

Gee, I just realized that I was also referring to the one on the left but I did not make myself clear. :rolleyes:
The one on the top right might not be something that many could pull off today. ;)
I guess I might be surprised what has managed to dodge the trash over the last sixty years or so but sadly many did not have such luck. For instance if you happen to come across one of these in my size; let me know:

DobbsMosaic.jpg

or maybe this one:

DobbsPalomino.jpg

Regards to all,

J

Nice!!!!

Well, I never turn down a well made hat in excellent condition whether someone wants to consign it, I happen to find it in an odd way (which is mostly what happens) or if someone calls from an estate so you never know. (and then you have to pry it out of my hands. well...kidding...if it doesn't fit my brother or he already has something similar, or me) I did find a whole box of hombergs but they were all junk...disintegrated beyond belief. Sometimes there is value in picking up an old hat that has condition issues for construction study or rarity or for costume but fabric rot is another thing entirely. I have seen a lot of Dobbs hats for sale here and there, but will keep my eyes peeled for something like that. I am sure if i saw something like that i would NOT miss it.

I have a new hat that is supposed to be here today (for me!) and i can't wait til the mail carrier comes to see if i get it. I'll show it off if it comes

Chris

LadyPowers

Familiar Face
Lady Stetson Coffee colored hats

This is a Ladies Stetson Ad from 1946. I wouldn't mind owning the hat in the very top center of this ad. :)

Regards,
Lady Powers

ladies_Stetson_1946.jpg

Keep looking. I would really like a Palomino for next Christmas. ;)
The ribbon with the horseshoe on it is really nice. A Mosaic would be nice too though. :cool2:
By all means post the hat when it comes in. I would love to see it. Those new acquisitions are what keeps us interested. Here is my latest. It doesn't look like much but I have a few ideas for it that will make it look like a very cool hat. That and it just happens to be quite old and a Clear Nutria John B. Stetson. :clap
Here we go:

StetsonNutria1.jpg

StetsonNutria2.jpg

For some reason I see this hat in Art's future---rebuilt. ;) :cool2:

Regards to all,

J

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
New pics

Hi everyone
Just thought you might enjoy seeing the new hat i made for Lady Powers. Her request was to make a wide brim to actually shade her eyes, black, and different!! Since I only make mens hats this is my first attempt in the "Ladies" arena. Enjoy
113_1314.jpg

Yes, the ribbon IS mauve
113_1315.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24