Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lapel badges, medals and fobs

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Not sure if there's a thread for these so feel free mods to re arrange it if needed,

I found this little lot recently;
v82z4y.jpg

individual shots;l
np50s6.jpg
2rdx8d3.jpg

20sdt01.jpg
24b9t7l.jpg

9tpxyt.jpg
30x7k86.jpg

dmtpit.jpg
2iqmv86.jpg

Last edited:

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Great thread! I imagine there's a thread for military medals, but civilians ones are just as interesting. I don't have many medals really - just some ancient family war medals, and a couple of Hungarian Cold War ones that my uncle brought back from holiday for me. Oh and of course those soviet lapel and cap pins that seem to crop up everywhere. Great little collection Esteban!

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
I bought them all for a fiver Eddie, I thought a thread for lapel badges would be useful as period ones like these would be good to pop in suit or sports coat jackets...I intend to pop back next week as there were several more especially the FDF Francis Drake Federation ones from the late 40's upto late 50's.

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Sounds good! If there are any to do with medical/hospital/nursing/healthcare from a long time ago, pick them up for me! Mind you, you might want them too, if I remember your line of work correctly :)

1940sFreddie

Familiar Face
Great thread! i love wearing lapel badges and pins, but you don't see many period photos of men wearing badges etc on there lapel.

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Not for much longer as facing redundancy due to commissioning of services and all that entails....I'll keep an eye out Eddie anything in particular?

I'm incredibly sorry to hear about that! That's terrible. I hope all goes well for the future. There's some nasty things happening in the NHS...

Well anything to do with hospitals and healthcare really - I'm not sure waht might be around. But also anything to do with Friendly Societies or Co-operative Societies etc. Anything like that would be good - if it's just a couple of quid :)

Edward

Bartender
Pretty cool set of pins. I don't have any vintage ones myself, but I wear a few that have a nod to that style. Recently picked up a couple from the Ace Cafe to go along with others I wear. I've also got some from the New Sheridan Club on a few different jackets. My favourite, though, is this beauty, from The Chap:

star-badge.jpg

Also have the smaller, round one for occasions on which something more subtle is required:

round-badge2.jpg

It would be interesting to pick up a few vintage ones. I've got a few Soviet-era East German pinssomewhere, and a couple of Russian ones too, I think. I love that style of iconography.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
The top one looks a bit like a Soviet star at least the background does!.....I've a liking for that stuff to Edward, did you see the Soviet propaganda poster art exhibition at the Tate modern a few years ago that was the best thing on at the time!

Edward

Bartender
The top one looks a bit like a Soviet star at least the background does!.....I've a liking for that stuff to Edward, did you see the Soviet propaganda poster art exhibition at the Tate modern a few years ago that was the best thing on at the time!

Yeah, that'll be very deliberate. Tweed Revolution, down with the Young Fogeys! ;)

I missed that exhibtion alas. I love that stuff. Especially the fabrics!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn