Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

large size suit

tallyho

One of the Regulars
I just posted this large size suit in the classified section
DSC00405a.jpg

Happy Stroller

One of the Regulars
Let me guess.

The correct combination should have been an 8X1?

2 button holes are missing; and, so are their corresponding buttons according to the rule that for every button hole, there should be a corresponding button?

The original owner has undergone a crash diet and is now unable to wear this particular jacket?

The owner needs some lead as to where he can find a suitable tailor so that he can have a matching pair of trousers?

We are to deduce that the original owner was a top wrestler because of the large sleeves?

The original owner lives around the New England region and this is his favourite Autumn fishing sports coat since there is no matching trousers and a 200% magnification shows up a plaid or check pattern; and, you are putting it up in the C.A.T.s as the owner has decided to retire from the sport, while making preparations for Winter?

The owner has decided to upgrade to a thicker, darker jacket in preparation for this coming Winter?

Happy Stroller

One of the Regulars
tallyho said:
I dont get any of this? Did you look at the suit in the classified section?
Am I missing something? is this humour or a slam?
=================== End of quote =======================
I am very sorry, Sir.

It may sound incredulous to you, Tally Ho, but actually I thought your post was a joke.

Perhaps one reason, though inexcusable, was that I wasn't aware there is really a Classified Ads section in this forum.

But I realize I have caused you great offense and wish to offer you a million apologies.

The rest of those who have their blood pressure raised by me, please rest assure I am no Troll. To avoid further offense, I shall avoid injecting my sense of humour in any future posts, if any, to this great Forum. Thank you, all of you, for having granted me the privilege of getting so many helpful answers and tips to my many questions during the short time I had the chance to post to this Forum. I wish all of you well and may God bless you all.

tallyho

One of the Regulars
Stroller, I still don't get your humor, but hey, most people don't get mine. I was mainly confused and now that you say you didn't know about the classified section, it makes a little more sense. I hope you don't feel you have to leave on my account.

No hard feelings from me.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

It's Happy Stroller's proper habitat. He'll keep them busy lol

This confirms my suspicion that Happy Stroller is an Internet 'troll'. He's now asking The London Lounge highfalutin' questions about Vans sneakers. I'm telling you, the guy is a gifted parodist. Too bad he didn't admit to it here.

Below is his wickedly clever post to The London Lounge. Do they even realize that he's toying with them?

"While shopping for white bucks with red soles, a pair of Vans canvas sneakers caught my fancy. Failing to find the white bucks, the Vans was acquired. Hesitation made me not wear it and so it was left laid against a wall for more than a week unused before the white bucks was successfully found. Now I realize the red and black chequer board pattern would make me look like a clown if I were to wear it. Is it possible to change the black and red pattern to plain white? If yes, how can I do it myself?"

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Happy sTroller via Marc Chevalier said:
I realize the red and black chequer board pattern would make me look like a clown if I were to wear it.
Man's got a point. The only truly classic Vans are the black and white checks. I can't think of any occasion for which they'd be inappropriate, except maybe Arctic expeditions or snake handling. :D
985-12489-d.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner