Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lawrence & Foster cap sizing

The Shooman

Practically Family
Hello all,

I hope this question hasn't been asked thousands of times, but l did spend 20 minutes looking through the archives.

1). Does this hat sizing chart (below) accurately apply to Lawrence and Foster caps?
2). If l am 23.5 inches around my head, would l be a size 60 in LF Garforth cap?

image_2023-03-14_143915672.png

Would prefer to ask someone here, LF don't seem to answer emails.
If someone could advise it would be much appreciated.

regards,
shooey

The Shooman

Practically Family
I am a size 59, but my Lawrence & Foster Garforth size 60 fits perfectly. It's a sample size of only 1, but in that case the cap ran a little small. I'm not sure if that's a brand tendency or not.

How many inches are you around the head, would you be able to do a quick measure?

Why does the Garforth cap have a point on the top of the cap, like a horn? Surely it is not like that in real life.

Garforth cap 1.jpg
Garforth cap 3.jpg

Last edited:

dkstott

Practically Family
I'm curious about Lawrence and Foster caps too. I've got a few inquiries in to them regarding sizing & shape of their newsboy caps.

They seem to be a very small family run business. I'm not sure if each cap is custom made per order or not.

There's several fabrics and patterns that I'm interested in..

As soon as I receive a response, I'll post it.

Upstate NY Cap Fan

New in Town
I'm curious about Lawrence and Foster caps too. I've got a few inquiries in to them regarding sizing & shape of their newsboy caps.

They seem to be a very small family run business. I'm not sure if each cap is custom made per order or not.

There's several fabrics and patterns that I'm interested in..

As soon as I receive a response, I'll post it.
I picked my LF cap in England. I'm not sure if they make any caps to order, but mine wasn't. The one I have was fairly inexpensive and understated, but well made. I've worn it it quite a bit over the course of 5 years and it's held up well.

The Shooman

Practically Family
LF do make caps in your own materials also. They make them all by hand in the factory. It is a family owned business.

The Shooman

Practically Family
I'm 23.0 in., So just a shade under 59 cm. The seams in back will stick up like that when the cap isn't being worn because of the drape of the cloth. It isn't as pronounced when it's on the head, although it's still there. I have a lot of ivy caps, and most of them are like that.

Do you have a good amount of hair around your head to fill out the cap, or is you hair very little? This can make a big difference too.

dkstott

Practically Family
I just called the folks at Lawrence and foster. The gentleman told me that their caps run true to size. He suggested that since I'm slightly larger than 57, that I make a note for a larger 57 or 57 1/2 in the website order notes.

Depending on what fabric & cap style that I order, it'll either be a custom made or they'll sort through the available caps to meet my request.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Update.......

got the Lawrence and Foster cap and it fits perfectly.
Fits true to size.
My head is 23.5 inches and the size 60 corresponds to slightly over 23.5 inches (23 5/8).
Ordered the Garforth cap.
Will be ordering more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto