Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LaymanX I bought your jacket

nerkg

Familiar Face
Hey guys, I'm wondering why I can't message a member on here, user name LaymanX I bought his jacket from aero site and I saw he posted that it might be steerhide, but it was sold to me as FQHH from aero, I'd like to confirm the truth but I'm new and don't know why I can't message him, also the jackets outer sleeve panels seem very different then the rest of the jacket, they are very very soft and worn differently then the rest, is this common or am I dealing with some sort of Frankenstein steer/horse mix??

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
You need to have upward of 15 posts before you can do this. Another four posts, comment on a few jackets or give up a couple of opinions, will see you there.

nerkg

Familiar Face
Ok, thanks but I'm still upset about the potential that this is steer!! This whole aero thing is such a mess

nerkg

Familiar Face
Here it is
BD982677-08EC-485A-843B-2F8FADF2CE1E-10967-000001BCB583E1B0.jpg

AFD31223-868F-4A8F-B813-F06565867B40-10967-000001BCB5CEA77F.jpg

wdw

One Too Many
It's the old story - check the weight and anything over about 5.5lbs may well be steer. The higher the weight, the greater the likelihoood.

nerkg

Familiar Face
It's heavy. Like 7- 8 pounds or more, was 4kg with the box!! I emailed holly right before it shipped she said it was FQHH, but she also said she didn't know anything else about the jacket, I'm afraid he sent it back for a replacement, it got shuffled around and resold as FQHH, because its labeled as such..

majormajor

One Too Many
As you bought this AFTER Aero became aware of the Horse/Steer issue, it seems unlikely, to me, that they would have mislabelled this jacket.
I would suggest a call to Holly at Aero

nerkg

Familiar Face
Yea I hear you but she said there's so many jackets she can't keep track..
My ultimate fear is a mix

Last edited:

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Hi, nerkg:
I'm with wild_balls: a splendid jacket, irrespective of hide! Looks like horse, but, we know how that tune plays. I'd just wear it and be glad to have such a jacket. People will be telling you for years what a cool one it is. The lining is terrific. Thanks for the pics.

nerkg

Familiar Face
In part you at correct, but misrepresentation of a 900 dollar product won't fly with me, I'll get to the bottom of it one way or the other

LaymanX

One of the Regulars
Sorry, don't really check FL too often. Anyhow long story short, it is indeed horse hide and barely worn! I decided the length was a bit off and traded it in to Aero at my expense. My pain is your gain. :)

Looking to receive a HWM in Jan, so hopefully that lessens the sting. Holly, if you're reading this, thanks for putting up with my torrent of measurement related emails!

My wife says she feels sorry for you. Lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112