Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Belt Recommendations

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I'm sure we've a thread on this before, but I've done some searching (both with the search tool and Google's searching of this site) but not come up with a good thread. So appologies in advance to the bartenders if I missed something or this thread needs to be merged.

I've not really ventured into the world of good quality leather belts yet. I've picked up a few decent ones from time to time when I needed one, but its not a subject I've done any research in yet.

So any recommendations for good quality leather belt makers/brands for both dress and casual wear?

Modern and repro are fine, like vintage socks, vintage belts is not an area I think I need to get into at the moment. Although I'm open to attempts to convince me otherwise.

Thank you in advance!

JFriday

New in Town
After much frustration trying to find a nice plain sturdy belt, a friend of mine recomended this belt, from Goodrich and Gould. I have had it for over seven years and it is still looking like new. I have since also acquired the same belt in brown as well, and am very pleased with the product.

http://gouldusa.com/products/WP-showModel.php?bare_page=1&id_main=40

While they are primarily a supplier of uniform products, the belt is remarkably non descript and simple, it looks like a normal belt, but wears vastly better (much like the excellent leather belts I inherited from my grandfather). I would caution a prospective wearer that this is not a soft, supple belt. It is almost twice as thick as a regular department store dress leather belt, and made from very strong heavy leather stock, which gives it a stiffness unlike many belts. This said, it is possibly the most comfortable belt I have ever worn, as it molded quickly to my build; just be advised as with other fine leather products such as sturdy boots there is a period of a few days of breaking in before perfection is achieved. Once done, I doubt you will ever seek another belt. Good luck in your search.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot