Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Care

Tommydean

Familiar Face
If i may ask...were could i find Picards?? I live in Denver I have been to shops
that deal in leather goods and every time i ask for Picards I get looks as if i just came from mars. "sorry never herd of it" answer.
Tom

Hopalong

One of the Regulars
Having owned several original WW II A-2 Jackets in the past and some of them in rough shape, with the nap showing, from being scuffed I found and used a product that cleaned and conditioned the jackets at the same time and didn't stain the nap that was showing like Lexol did and it was called Bee Natural www.bee-natural.com.
I had a newer Eastman A-2 from England several years ago and treated it with Lexol and where the nap was showing on the collar it stained it so from then on I started using Bee Natural. Bee Natural has several different products for different applications like on saddles or car interiors or etc but I just used Bee Natural Saddle soap which conditioned too and it really worked for me on my old A-2 jackets to make the jackets that were stiff nice and pliable and the best part of all it didn't stain them. Mike

missionamp

New in Town
Tommydean said:
If i may ask...were could i find Picards?? I live in Denver I have been to shops
that deal in leather goods and every time i ask for Picards I get looks as if i just came from mars. "sorry never herd of it" answer.
Tom

Pecard products are readily available at any number of online sites. If you don't feel like waiting for an order of it to be shipped, Harley Davidson Leather Dressing (part no. 98261-91V) is manufactured by Pecard and is available at any dealership.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I have used a lot of leather products over many many years, but always go back to any type of liquid cream...it is the best to keep leather both supple and protected. Even on shoes, used alternately between polish, it prevents the leather from cracking at the sides. Any cream containing Lanolin should do the trick...

blacklagoon

One of the Regulars
i have only ever used pecard leather dressing on my jackets.i have no experience of any other leather product unfortunately.pecard does an excellent job.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
RM Williams Saddle and Leather Dressing. Been around for donkey's years and can be used on any leather product. Doesn't go rancid, not chemically, pleasant smell and most of all it's very effective. I use it on my leather jackets, boots and shoes. Absolutely fantastic stuff, I've seen really hard used leather items like saddles and work boots as good as new after decades of hard use from RM Dressing.

Highly recommend it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925