Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leather from the horse

Red Baron

Banned
Does people on this website favor a particular company to find a good horse leather made into outer wear?

I have heard so much of leather from horses but never seen this leather any place that I know of, it seems as if it might be a rare leather. I live in USA where the people of this country seem afraid of horse leather, to use it well.

Jackts, shoes, what else? Belts? I have seen Jackets discussed a lot on this site. A very good site. I am pleased to be with you here on The Fedora Longue. What a splendid idea to broadcast a modern internet site such as this.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Does people on this website favor a particular company to find a good horse leather made into outer wear?

I have heard so much of leather from horses but never seen this leather any place that I know of, it seems as if it might be a rare leather. I live in USA where the people of this country seem afraid of horse leather, to use it well.

Jackts, shoes, what else? Belts? I have seen Jackets discussed a lot on this site. A very good site. I am pleased to be with you here on The Fedora Longue. What a splendid idea to broadcast a modern internet site such as this.

Actually Horsehide jackets are an American tradition. Most of the famous half-belts and bike jackets from the USA were Horsehide. Try getting horse in Australia - it is unavailable.

Is your question about companies which make jackets from HH? or tanneries where you buy HH? Heck, even Schott NY makes horsehide jackets.

Red Baron

Banned
i now see many posts here that are treasures with a search engine. goat seems to be quite nice to many. people now are favoring the goat in recent years.

I can see one Jacket called "Steward that is quite nice. I wonder has anyone yet tried such a Jacket in goat? Would the button holes last well with goat do you think Seb? I like the Steward now very much. a very nice Jacket made in the style that was once so common and is now so uncommon and so much the better.

Very nice to hear from Seb. do people try long coats in Goat ever? I see many long leather coats in Horse and Steer but not it Goat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic