Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leather hats

zeus36

A-List Customer
I wore a black leather cap back in the 70's as a biker hat, but everyone said I looked like a Greek fisherman. I still cringe when I see the photo.....

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I am not attracted to leather hats, though I sure see a lot of them on ebay among the Australian and cowboy hats.

Having only tried them on for brief moments just to see how they looked, I have to ask: wouldn't they be awfully hot? I would be afraid of sweating half to death in one. They just strike me as being uncomfortable to wear, but maybe I am wrong.

karol

Victor

One of the Regulars
A felt hat can be quite hot sometimes as well. I don't think that a leather hat would be hotter than a leather jacket. I would just wear what is suitable for the weather. I don't own a leather hat but don't see any oint in snobbishness toward them. They are generally pretty fixed in shape so you don't get t enjoy the artistry of reshaping them like you do with felt but otherwise other than being a bit heavy I see no reason to turn ones nose up at them.

Richard

Familiar Face
beat up leather

i was just think a beat up leather jacket could look good, so maybe a hat might look good. i am turning into a major hippie. i've gone barefoot the majority of the time. google the society for barefoot living and you'll see this barefoot thing is spreading. leather hats might go well with it...

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
The only leather hat that I would even consider wearing would be a WWII bombers type cap. You know, the ones with the longish bill and the sheep skin ear flaps, or with out.

The others with a brim are way too John Denverish for me. Shades of Rocky Mountain High, if you know what I mean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael