Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather jacket (black/brown) hardware : brass or nickel?

Leather jacket (black/brown) hardware

• Brass always

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Nickel always

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Brass with black, nickel with brown

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Brass with brown, nickel with black

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Lighthearted poll.
Let's get this cleared up once and for all.
I know there are other hardware options (gunmetal, etc...).
I know there are other leather colors.
But keeping it simple with black and brown jackets, brass or nickel hardware.
Your vote matters!

RiteStuffBryan

One of the Regulars
I preferred brass when I first got into this hobby as it’s not what you’d usually find on a mall jacket and it seemed so deluxe. But as I looked at more vintage jackets I noticed how nickel was more common and now I’m swinging that way!

Dbtk44

New in Town
Brass is my preference on pretty much any leather...just looks right to me, visual harmony.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I certainly have both, and have had both types as well. My overall preference is brass these days (and bright, un-re-treated brass at that). Let time & use do it's natural ageing on it.

CombatWombat

Familiar Face
I prefer brass because it doesn't chip off like nickel can (the few nickel studded things I've had scratch off to reveal brass anyway, so I just cut out the middleman)

Emphasis

New in Town
Depends on the jacket, and what I plan on wearing it with. But if a jacket I liked came with only one option, it's not a deal breaker for me.

Batoidea

One of the Regulars
I really like the look of brass (especially on black) but any of those combinations can work, I'm not picky

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
For me it's about contrast. Shiny nickel can be too high a contrast for some (most?) blacks, to me at least. But it can make all shades of brown more interesting.
Brass goes with anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner