Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather jacket from The Natural

The Mantis

New in Town
I realize this is a long shot, but would any of you know where to purchase the style of jacket as Redford wheres in The Natural....have done a fair amount of reseach online but no luck so far.

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
Got some reference photos now...

I hope these can be of some assistance Mantis.

146408679.jpg

146408675.jpg

146407813.jpg

146407809.jpg

146407803.jpg

-DocIndyJones

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Just watched this again on dvd. The jacket looks pretty close to the Raider jackets from Wested, especially the ToD. Pretty close.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Several differences, Natural vs Jones

The Natural jacket is constructed of several pieces of leather. Look at the chest. Also, those cuffs look like they are not only attached separately with a dividing welt, but they may button over as well. The pockets also seem different (maybe). I've got to watch this film again ASAP.
I may actually like this one better, though I'd rather not have the two piece front.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Just watched it again

It has a three-piece back, center seam, plain shoulders. A "T" back.
Buttoned adjusters placed rather high on either side of the back - like waistcoat adjusters. Not belted or half-belted.
BIG outer pockets with no flap. No storm flap. Large collar.
No knits, cuffs that overlap and button, similar to the adjusters.
It's longish overall.

The costume designers deciede he looked good in certain colors because every costume was the same combo: Dark brown pants, white or white with striped shirt, and a salmon-y red tie. Same color hat band as the tie. Either the leather jacket or a corduroy sport jacket.

jml90

One of the Regulars
scotrace said:
It has a three-piece back, center seam, plain shoulders. A "T" back.
Buttoned adjusters placed rather high on either side of the back. Not belted or half-belted.
BIG outr pockets with no flap. No storm flap.
No knits, cuffs that overlap and button, similar to the adjusters.

The costume designers deciede he looked good in certain colors because every costume was the same combo: Dark brown pants, white or white with striped shirt, and a salmon-y red tie. Same color hat band as the tie. Either the leather jacket or a corduroy sport jacket.

It's he ruddy complexion and reddish hair

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace