Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Jacket Liner Replacement Options

Novos

One of the Regulars
I know there are threads out there with this exact same topic, but I want to make a thread for current options.

While I kick around the idea of returning a recent acquisition, if I do keep it I want to get a replacement liner.

Where are people buying their fabric from? I'd love to get a cotton flannel liner, like that used in jackets by Pegasus, or something with a vintage vibe to match a jacket from the 50s.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
I have been thinking about going for a replacement liner. I would really like some Harris Tweed lining as it looks pretty great in pictures I've seen. I was hoping it would be warmer than cotton but a touch cooler than alpaca. The makers would have a range of fabrics but failing that I would look on Ebay perhaps.

Wool gets a bad rap for being "hot". I wear wool socks year-round and they aren't hot and they don't smell! Cotton gets wet and smells.
Harris Tweed or a wool Tartan are great liners. I would not go back to cotton myself. And wool wear better in my experience.

Novos

One of the Regulars
I'd love to go the wool route, but I must have a mild allergy/sensitivity. I find it unbearably itchy and it leaves my skin red.

Also, thanks for the link Sloan. :) I guess tweed is out, though.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Tweed would be equally itchy as wool, if not more - I have a Harris wool jumper that took a few weeks to soften up, but after that it became incredibly comfortable. I guess if the lining does go a bit funky, you can always get it tricked out and replaced. The cotton lining in my A-2 is close to 30 years old and still going strong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran