Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Sweatband Sources

Old Fogey UK

One of the Regulars
I've just bought a US Army WW2 cap on eBay. I gave it a little tweak on the stretcher to fit my modest 7 1/4 head and the inevitable happened - the sweatband split through !!!
Please does anyone know a source for the correct type of leather for me to make a replacement ?

Pater Familias

Familiar Face
Is there somewhere besides hatsupply.com to buy a leather sweatband ready to sew into my old Open Road?

They have a min order of $28, and I only need a reeded band that costs $6.50.

Guess I could buy a liner but that still only gets me about half way there.

Bill Greene

One of the Regulars
Absolutely. Call Jim at www.jwhats.com His name is Jim Whittington, and he makes those sweatbands, does embossing, etc. Now the sweat will need to be sized, and sewn together, but I think there are probably a few "how tos" on this site that will explain how to do that. Good luck.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I've come across that website (JW Hats) before. It has to be one of the worst sites I've ever seen. That said, it's great to know that he's a good source for sweatbands. Questions about where to buy them seem to come up quite regularly. But man, he really should improve that website ... ;)

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
I've come across that website (JW Hats) before. It has to be one of the worst sites I've ever seen. That said, it's great to know that he's a good source for sweatbands. Questions about where to buy them seem to come up quite regularly. But man, he really should improve that website ... ;)

As the business is for sale he probably doesn't want to invest time or money on improving the website.

Gobi

One of the Regulars
I would like to find some thinner sweatbands. Most leather sweatbands you run across are around the same thickness which is fine but I've had some goat leather in the past that was very thin and fairly slick and almost glossy. I love them for certain applications. Another that may not be goat leather that is also thin. That was a Top Hatters band that I bought from someone on here several years ago.
Width doesn't matter as much to me, I mainly want thin leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner