Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leathertogs Marketing

jeo

One Too Many
Came across this and thought it was interesting so I wanted to share.

For sale in Japan for an obscene amount of money is a bunch of marketing materials from Leathertogs. I don't think I've ever seen marketing from Leathertogs. Their jackets are extremely rare and anything paper from this era is also extremely rare. I've also never seen the two-tone jacket with the cafe racer collar and front flap pockets.

LT-1.jpg
Lt-2.jpg
LT-3.jpg
LT-4.jpg
LT-5.jpg
LT-6.jpg
LT-7.jpg
LT-8.jpg
LT-9.jpg
LT-10.jpg

Here is a link to the sale.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Schott should buy these.

EDIT: I nearly emailed them the link, then remembered Schott manufactured for Beck Flying Togs, and Leathertogs was a fellow OEM.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeo

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Someone with better Japanese skills should ask the seller to do scans of all of these, for the benefit of people who want the knowledge; it wouldn't diminish the collectability for those who want the original paper/catalogue.

Reactions: jeo

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
A friend o mine has the two tone. He lives in Mexico city. If I remember correctly, His father got his at the Harley dealer in Mexico city. He however, often travel to New York City and La Havana. Back in the day, I used to ride to Mexico City and hang out with some Indian and Harley riders. Sadly, some have passed away. To this moment, I do know some places in CDMX where you can still pick up a nice fixer upper. Photo of the first official HD dealer in Mexico city 1920 for police only in 1930 for the public. Luis Aguilar and Pedro Infante.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 90
  • EyFpOeKVEAAwGb3.jpg
    EyFpOeKVEAAwGb3.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 1- con su moto Harley-Davidson [800x600].jpg
    1- con su moto Harley-Davidson [800x600].jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 106

Gr8Lakes

Familiar Face
A friend o mine has the two tone. He lives in Mexico city. If I remember correctly, His father got his at the Harley dealer in Mexico city. He however, often travel to New York City and La Havana. Back in the day, I used to ride to Mexico City and hang out with some Indian and Harley riders. Sadly, some have passed away. To this moment, I do know some places in CDMX where you can still pick up a nice fixer upper. Photo of the first official HD dealer in Mexico city 1920 for police only in 1930 for the public. Luis Aguilar and Pedro Infante.
My son and I are huge fans of Formula 1 auto racing. I love the production Mexico City puts on right before the Sunday race. It’s a huge party, and then a very large Mexico City Police Department Motorcycle Brigade pulls onto the track, in tight formation, and parks for the national anthem. Just cool to see the Harley Davidson culture still living strong there. Cooler yet to see photos of the past!

jeo

One Too Many
I never knew this 'belted cafe racer' was actually a leathertogs design.

Is this in a Rin Tanaka book?

If so it’s pretty interesting that it’s labeled as an unknown maker in the book. It’s says courtesy of Hellers Cafe so maybe they have the original jacket without a label.

Now that you posted @Mysteryo jacket, I’ve seen it before but not an original. Thanks for posting it.

Mysteryo

One Too Many
Is this in a Rin Tanaka book?

If so it’s pretty interesting that it’s labeled as an unknown maker in the book. It’s says courtesy of Hellers Cafe so maybe they have the original jacket without a label.

Now that you posted @Mysteryo jacket, I’ve seen it before but not an original. Thanks for posting it.
Of course « not an original » the only original to be known is the one own by Harry Mc Colgan of Hellers Cafe.
Mine is a repro by Whitefeathers of Vienna, Austria. As they made it only from pictures of Rin Tanaka’s book, it’s far from being faithful to the original.
I quite like this jacket though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk