Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LEE "TRINITY" now for sale.

Magus

Practically Family
Well folks, the idea of a straight trade didn’t work as it seems that well….everyone buys their size and therefore can’t trade. (I should have considered that hmmm?) In addition I have been inspired by the positive comments and inquiries about this hat from other FL members and have decided to sell it outright.

This is a “one owner” hat from the estate of an elderly gentleman who passed on. No…he didn’t just “wear it to church on Sundays” lol as it looks to have been worn under a dozen times in its 60 year life.

The price is $50 and whatever shipping you choose. It’s a 7 1/8 and a full description is available in this thread. http://thefedoralounge.net/showthread.php?t=7676

PM me if you have an interest

STA70004.JPG

Perfectly reasonable price, Magus. I'm tempted, but I just bought a hat earlier this week and I don't wish to test the limits of the boss lady's tolerance. If it's still in your possession in another couple of weeks (fat chance of that), I may succumb to temptation.
Is it an unusually tight or loose 7 1/8? I ask because I've successfully stretched numerous 7 1/8s enough to comfortably fit my size-and-a-half larger (7 5/16?) head, although some of those hats were considerably snugger than others before I put 'em on the rack.

Magus

Practically Family
Not sure...?

tonyb said:
Perfectly reasonable price, Magus. I'm tempted, but I just bought a hat earlier this week and I don't wish to test the limits of the boss lady's tolerance. If it's still in your possession in another couple of weeks (fat chance of that), I may succumb to temptation.
Is it an unusually tight or loose 7 1/8? I ask because I've successfully stretched numerous 7 1/8s enough to comfortably fit my size-and-a-half larger (7 5/16?) head, although some of those hats were considerably snugger than others before I put 'em on the rack.

Hi everyone, Thanks for all the interest in the hat and the PM's. No one has snatched it at this point but you have asked great questions. I try to maintain a VERY high level of honesty in my life and have posted this hat accordingly. The various measurements that I get are:

22 1/8” I measured it four times and they all hit around that.
Brim 2 1/2
Crown:
Front point 4 3/8” (where it dips down a little)
Side highest 5”,
Rear 3 7/8”

So is that a loose 7 1/8? I don't know as I am a 7 1/2 also I have one of those "inbetween" head sizes and am always fitting a hat one way or another.

Another question is the "compressions" that I mentioned. Here is a picture that shows it. about 1/4 inch off the ribbon on the brim. Basically this hat was always boxed....for 60 years... and resting properly inverted in the box caused them. I just guess I should have taken the time to brush them out and not have mentioned them...lol...dang..that honesty thing again!

STA70006.JPG

Keep 'em commin boys (and gals) someone is going to walk away with a fine hat. And not to worry...no auction here...just going to reserve it for the FL members.

M

PS....the felt is still in its "firm" state as the hat was never even worn enough to be broken in.

Magus

Practically Family
Its Sold

Hi there everyone...thanks again for the interest. The hat is sold. I will leave it to the buyer to share the specifics if they choose. I do have some other unique items I might put here, so stay tuned.

M

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Incredible, simply incredible, Magus. This hat is awesome and fits like it was tailor made. I will be sporting it to work tomorrow - perhaps I will have Barbi take a photo or two to post.

Thanks Magus - it is indeed a wonderful hat and look forward to wearing with pride.

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Most definitely! I have received numerous compliments on it today on the way to and at work. I wholeheartedly plan to get out and about for lunch to stroll around downtown with this sweet brim proudly perched on my noggin. :)

Stroll on in to Byrnie Utz and ask 'em if they got anything like it.lol Nah, no reason to torture 'em. They're good folks there and the shop itself is so authentically "Golden Era" you have to hope and pray for its well being. And it ain't their fault that the new stuff can't compare to what they sold there 50 and more years ago.

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Yeah, they have been very nice to me whenever I stop in while strolling about. It is shame that the new hats just don't compare, I bet they would love to have a store full of great hats like the old days instead of mediocre ones.

Yeah, it's sad. But I'll probably buy a cheap straw or two from 'em again this year. The hats look fine when new, I won't worry about getting 'em dirty and sweaty or left where they might get sat upon, and I'll help keep Byrnie Utz in business. But I won't be buying new felt hats there anymore, though, unless the big manufacturers get back into making something better than they have in quite some time, or unless Paul et al (the owner and staff at Byrnie Utz) start carrying better stuff. Don't ask me where they'd find it, though, or whether it would sell at a price and in sufficient volume to make it worth their while.

Magus

Practically Family
maintcoder said:
Incredible, simply incredible, Magus. This hat is awesome and fits like it was tailor made. I will be sporting it to work tomorrow - perhaps I will have Barbi take a photo or two to post.

Thanks Magus - it is indeed a wonderful hat and look forward to wearing with pride.

WONDERFUL...I was wondering if it arrived and if you liked it...I guess I should ahve checked the thred. lol So glad you are pleased and that it fits properly. You were a great person with whom to do buiness. Looking forward to seeing a picture of you in it in the Hats area!

M

maintcoder

A-List Customer
tonyb said:
Yeah, it's sad. But I'll probably buy a cheap straw or two from 'em again this year. The hats look fine when new, I won't worry about getting 'em dirty and sweaty or left where they might get sat upon, and I'll help keep Byrnie Utz in business. But I won't be buying new felt hats there anymore, though, unless the big manufacturers get back into making something better than they have in quite some time, or unless Paul et al (the owner and staff at Byrnie Utz) start carrying better stuff. Don't ask me where they'd find it, though, or whether it would sell at a price and in sufficient volume to make it worth their while.

That is a great idea - I will need a straw or two also when the weather warms up. It sure is nice out today...

magus said:
WONDERFUL...I was wondering if it arrived and if you liked it...I guess I should ahve checked the thred. So glad you are pleased and that it fits properly. You were a great person with whom to do buiness. Looking forward to seeing a picture of you in it in the Hats area!

Considering you shipped the hat Saturday, I was surprised to see it last night. I paired it today with a tan single breasted suit, dark brown vest, and white shirt. I will have Barbi take a picture or two of me tonight and post them later for all to see. :) Thanks again for the awesome deal and fantastic hat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko