Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Many of My Items for Sale (Leaving the Hobby)

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Hello,

I have decided to move on from this hobby and just focus on my U-Boat interest. I'm doing this mainly because of living alone and with my health (and having been ill earlier this month) I realized that I really needed to simplify my life more in many ways. I have chosen to change my life around quite a bit so things are easier for me to take care of hence this 'big' sale.

I live in Danville - PA - therefore those interested in the furniture set can contact me via PM to make arrangements for pick up of the set.

I do not plan to list any of this stuff on eBay.

I do have a PayPal account.

First come - first served as always.

*Please note that I do not have direct access, but typically try to get online once a week to check my email.*

Feel free to PM me for questions. Thanks for any inquiries/interest.:)

PS: For the time being I still need the wardrobe, but when I can find something to replace it - I will post an ad here (as I am outgrowing it). The sewing machine stays with me as does the broken console radio. I would like to sell my bed frame [twin sized] (and buy a different one) but arrangements must be made for sale and pick up of that. (Since the bed frame has been through quite a bit I will only price it at $10).

For Sale - 1950's Kromex Canister Set
Some very minor damage - otherwise in excellent condition with usual wear showing. The minor damage is a slight dent in the bottom of one of the canisters, and an area on the back of the 'TEA' lid (may have been touched by something hot a long time ago) - this damage was there when I bought them. The only canister needed to complete this is the 'COOKIE' one.

$40

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

For Sale - 1930's/1940's Aluminum Deco Canister Set
Some minor damage to the handle of the one lid and a very slight dent in another lid - otherwise in excellent condition with the usual wear showing. Damage was there when I purchased them.

$30

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5

Photo 6

For Sale - 1930's 7 Piece Furniture Set
4 Chairs, Table, Server, China Cabinet.

China Cabinet has a crack in the middle shelf that runs all the way through and down the shelf (I would not recommend setting anything of substantial weight on it), top has had some damage (water?) - otherwise in excellent condition with usual wear.

Server has two 'rings' from water or some other substance - otherwise usual wear and in excellent condition.

Table has usual wear but in excellent condition. It does come with a 'leaf'. It is 46" long x 32" wide. The 'leaf' is 12" wide.

Chairs - one of them has a crack in the side (see photo). The dealer reupholstered the seats with new cloth. One thing you will have to do is to occasionally tighten the screws to the seats so the chair remains 'tight'. Three of the chairs show 'heavy use' to the back (where peoples' backs have rubbed against them). This could probably be mostly removed by having the wood restored.

All the damage was there when I had purchased the set. I did my best to keep the wood in decent shape by using oil on it.

Local pick up only of course - $500

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5

Photo 6

Photo 7

Photo 8

Photo 9

Photo 10

Photo 11

Photo 12

Jadeite colored Bakelite 'Solitaire' Vase by the Dura Co.
Has been used throughout its life so there is dust in the bottom, small chip in chrome but that doesn't mar its good looks. It stands 8 7/8" tall.

$80

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

1945-46 Homer Laughlin Art Deco Dish Set
This set is not complete - I do not know how big it originally would have been, but from what is there now, it wouldn't need too much more.

There is some crazing to some of the pieces. There is also 'irregularities' from when some of the pieces were made - for example, on one of the small dishes there is an area of the rim which wasn't covered with glaze. One of the cups has bumps inside in the bottom (see photo). The large bowl has some very small chips to the edge. Otherwise in excellent condition. I do not know the name of the design/pattern - if there is someone out there who does - please feel free to either post or let me know so I can amend this.

The set consists of:

1 - large bowl
5 - dinner plates
6 - tea cups
6 - small plates
6 - saucers
5 - dessert cups

$50

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5

Photo 6

2 - 1946 Homer Laughlin (Nautilus) Serving Bowls
No crazing or chips - condition is superb.

$10 (sold together)

Photo 1

Photo 2

Repro. 1950's Moon Beam Alarm Clock
Working reproduction - 3 years old - in excellent condition.

$15

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Repro. Art Deco Fiestaware Vase - Jadeite colored
In excellent condition. It stands 6" tall.

$8

Photo 1

Photo 2

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner