Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LEGOS!!!

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Depending on when you were born, these could be considered vintage. I have had Legos for as long as I can remember. I used to have a big Rubbermaid tub on them underneath my bed. When we moved to the new house they went into the basement. I recently dug them out looking for something unrelated & have fallen back in love with them again. I have even found sites online where you can print off directions for free. What I do is go to ebay & look for kits that I had as a kid using key words & use the four digit kit number to get the directions. From there it is just a matter of printing them off & putting the bricks together.

Did anyone else have them as a kid? How about now?

Thanx!!!
Charlie

Still do--check out Brickset.com, Peeron.com (set inventories and instruction scans without eBay prices), Lugnet.org, Eurobricks.com and Brickshelf.com for communities, LDraw.org if you like your LEGO virtual instead of physical, and Bricklink.com as a spare-parts and old-set resource.

Bought myself the 10210 Imperial Flagship for Christmas
10210-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

and am actually redesigning it some to add additional guns, but other than that it's a pretty good representational man-o'-war; also, have all the Indy sets except the San Diego Comic-Con exclusive, and most of the "classic" Adventurers line from the late-'90s/early-'00s which was also an early-20th Century setting IIRC.

Maguire

Practically Family
Oh man don't even get me started on legos, i used to be obsessed with these as a kid. Honestly these are probably the best toy out there, they actually allow for creativity and imagination rather than most of the junk out there. I've got some sets from the late 80s- early 90s, but obviously i grew out of it and the idea of dropping 60 dollars on a small castle no longer seemed worth it, especially considering most of the newer sets had fewer parts (just one large piece where you used to have 4 or 5). But its still a great thing. My last major set was that Star Wars Tie Fighter which i still have on my dresser, the big one that came out back about 10 years ago i'd say.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Legos and Custom Motorcycles

My mother used to punish me in the 60s by sending me to my room, little did she know, I had my Legos! I had hours of fun, building every thing from Top Fuel Dragsters to Fokker Triplanes, when I should have been suffering! In the long run, it was good for me, now I can customize anything, expecially motorcycles! I know he is the most hated man in America, but I once heard Jessie James say he liked to play with Legos, so he can't be all bad!

James71

A-List Customer
Interesting to note that in Australia the plural of "Lego" is "Lego".

One plays with ones Lego. At the end you pick up your Lego. Sometimes, a few of the Lego bricks get lost down the back of the lounge with the loose coins and TV remote.

My American wife referred to it as "Legos" when she arrived here.

Any Brits want to enlighten me on what the plural is over there?

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
I've had lego's as long as I can remember. I went nuts for the Adventurer and Western sets in the late '90s and early '00s. These days I collect lego sets and figure's to make stop motion films. The Indiana Jones sets were great because they finally introduced a lego Fedora and a good number of 1930's styled clothing and cars. :)

LordBest

Practically Family
I grew up with Lego, still have all my sets and random bits stashed away safely. I used to recreate scenes from the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings back when I was seven or eight. Great fun.
I was reliably informed by someone who worked for the company that in fact neither LEGO nor LEGOs is correct as LEGO is the brand name and one should say "LEGO brick/bricks" for the singular/plural. Personally I will just stick with using the brand name.

TidiousTed

Practically Family
LOGO must be the greatest survivor of all toys. I had mountains of it as a kid and never got rid of them as I grew too old to play with them. When my two daughters came along all that was needed was to take it all down from the attic and they had just as much fun playing with them as I had. It says something that I was 36 when Victoria, the oldest, was born.

Gilboa

One of the Regulars
I loved Lego! There is quite an age difference between my brothers/sisters and me. When I was their age, there was no lego (I collected match box cars).

So, when they started to be given Lego for christmas and they could not assemble the sometimes rather complex constructions, I was called upon. And I was only too willing! And they were not allowed to touch my creations afterwards!

Unfortunately, children over here in the UK do not seem to be given lego anylonger, which is a great shame as I would love to assist some more. :D

mickeymurphy1969

New in Town
I was more of a Barbie girl but my son was hooked on Lego's and started collecting them around 4 and we just gave them away last year when we moved. When all was said and done he had 7 large storage tubs filled with them and about a dozen more with Mega Blocks. The kid was so good with them that he could build whatever it was no matter how big just by looking at the picture. One of these days I need to write Lego a letter and thank them for my son was really hyper active and Lego's bought me many many hours of peace and quiet when he was younger!!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
[video=youtube;wnRRDIFNxoM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRRDIFNxoM[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy