Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets see those Motorcycle Jackets!

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Couple of days here in Scotland with temps of around 22/23 degrees had me digging out my properf cobra,, fantastic riding jacket, no complaints at all. Just does everything right.
IMG_20220711_191320.jpg
IMG_20220711_191226.jpg

Hd has a collab with vanson and Jason Momoa (actor). I don’t really have an opinion on the jacket. Looks fine. Seems like an extra $200 for branding.

That collection has Constantine’s fingerprints all over it. I kinda like the jackets.

B-Man22

New in Town
Sold all your bikes? That’s seriously got to be the sad story I’ve ever heard.
Hi Merv
Not as bad as you might think . I’m 75 now and as much as I’d like to think I’m still pretty good on a bike …. The reality is …..,the reaction time has slowed down. Just a fact of life . But I had a good number of years on bikes . I road them all around the US , I raced bikes in hair scrambles , then 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile flat track , and then Moto-X . Road them since I was 17. My first bike was a 1966 Triumph Bonneville . Loved the bike but hated the Lucas Electrical System . Don’t want to bore you to death so . It’s all good.

yxnstat

New in Town
20230323_171536.jpg

I got this Vanson x Union Garage V7 jacket basically new off the Advrider forums after seeing all the good things about it here. I would say it definitely lives up to the hype, being built like a tank yet feeling completely natural in the riding position. Off the bike, I find it a bit restrictive, especially since mine is a size too small (38 on a ~40 inch chest).

I've been searching for a jacket that does it all in all four seasons (not totally out of the question in California). The V7 is more of a two/three season cold weather jacket, since it's so thick and the velvety lining gets in the way of the underarm vents. In short, I really like the way the jacket looks and feels on the bike, but I think I'll be letting it go in favor of something more versatile. All that said, if I see one in size 40, I'd be very tempted!

stringer

One of the Regulars
A couple of new arrivals Belstaff Montanna, and a new to me 2009 Streetglide with stage 3 motor.
2009 Street Glide Belstaff.jpg

The Montanna comes with full KNOX armor and full sleeve liner. My new favorite jacket and best fitting for riding.
As far as the Harley, all I can say is the souped-up motor, is way more fun than I thought it would be!!!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 519211

I got this Vanson x Union Garage V7 jacket basically new off the Advrider forums after seeing all the good things about it here. I would say it definitely lives up to the hype, being built like a tank yet feeling completely natural in the riding position. Off the bike, I find it a bit restrictive, especially since mine is a size too small (38 on a ~40 inch chest).

I've been searching for a jacket that does it all in all four seasons (not totally out of the question in California). The V7 is more of a two/three season cold weather jacket, since it's so thick and the velvety lining gets in the way of the underarm vents. In short, I really like the way the jacket looks and feels on the bike, but I think I'll be letting it go in favor of something more versatile. All that said, if I see one in size 40, I'd be very tempted!

Haha, yeah, reading this makes perfect sense...

I saw the photo first and thought, “woah, I wish my Vanson ‘B’ would fit as great as that!”

Alas, all jackets look great in photos as long as they are one size too small in real life. ;)

Still a great jacket, and you DO wear it well.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
A couple of new arrivals Belstaff Montanna, and a new to me 2009 Streetglide with stage 3 motor. View attachment 526253

The Montanna comes with full KNOX armor and full sleeve liner. My new favorite jacket and best fitting for riding.
As far as the Harley, all I can say is the souped-up motor, is way more fun than I thought it would be!!!

Among the things I envy you US boys for: retail prices for HD’s and roads to ride them in (relative) safety…

Looks great. All of it!

stringer

One of the Regulars
Thanks Tom, it was 54 degrees this morning, great weather to ride in. I live in Starved Rock area along curvy Rt 71. Check out the grass, it is crunchy amidst the worst drought In a long time

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Tom, it was 54 degrees this morning, great weather to ride in. I live in Starved Rock area along curvy Rt 71. Check out the grass, it is crunchy amidst the worst drought In a long time

Yes, too dry here as well. In the last ten days it has rained once, a 20 minute hail/cloudburst five minutes after I got out the bike. :p

Ride safe!

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hd has a collab with vanson and Jason Momoa (actor). I don’t really have an opinion on the jacket. Looks fine. Seems like an extra $200 for branding.

That collection has Constantine’s fingerprints all over it. I kinda like the jackets.

Since this thread has been bumped anyway, i've noticed these Vanson-Momoa jackets have pretty consistently been at half price on HD's site for the past few months. Have any of you tried them? Hell of a deal for a Vanson.

I did not see the Trojan. Please tell me it DID not join the trading radar.

Never

Since this thread has been bumped anyway, i've noticed these Vanson-Momoa jackets have pretty consistently been at half price on HD's site for the past few months. Have any of you tried them? Hell of a deal for a Vanson.

Never tried them and have never seen on in a Harley dealer, though I don’t visit them often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points