Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's see those photos of broken-in brown Vicenza leathers

Character doesn't have to be "patina" like what CXL does, it can just be wear, abrasions, scuffs, etc.
Yes indeed, that was precisely my point. Grain, sleeve creases and drape, etc., all add up to character. I only mention patina b/c I think *most vic hides will remain relatively flat in terms of color. I could be wrong but I've yet to see a vic jacket show much depth, I believe b/c they are dyed straight through.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
26579B1A-D171-45F9-AEA9-F8F14B3CA975.jpeg
This is a week one photo of dark seal. I’ll try and post an update this weekend. Color does change with the lighting often appearing the hue of an eggplant. I think it would be a good selection for an A 1/2 but I’d pair it with rust knits.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marro, any tea core showing through yet? I haven't seen a lot of pictures of this hide broken in.
Dave,
Not even a little bit yet, which makes me happy to be honest. As little wear as the jacket has seen I would be disappointed if the topcoat wore off that quickly. I agree that we have yet to see many photos of this leather when it is broken in.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 201450 This is a week one photo of dark seal. I’ll try and post an update this weekend. Color does change with the lighting often appearing the hue of an eggplant. I think it would be a good selection for an A 1/2 but I’d pair it with rust knits.
Not the best lighting. Not sure if this illustrates any evolution. This is what it looks like after I would guess 30 wears of relatively short duration.

mtrlr

One of the Regulars
I'm not a fan of vic but the jackets in this thread do look outstanding. Aside from the black to brown vic, the hide doesn't really develop any patina. Lots of creases and grain pop but that's not what I consider patina (it certainly does develop character though).

LOL, with the number of jackets some of you have, you'll never see patina develop anyway.

Btw, if you have too many jackets and don't have the time to break in, send them to me (if they are my size), I can break in for you, free of charge. We have 3 jacket seasons here in Canada, and any day below 23C is a jacket day for me. No pet, no smoking, no funny action to distress, just normal every day wear. You take care of shipping and duties :D

LOL, with the number of jackets some of you have, you'll never see patina develop anyway.

Btw, if you have too many jackets and don't have the time to break in, send them to me (if they are my size), I can break in for you, free of charge. We have 3 jacket seasons here in Canada, and any day below 23C is a jacket day for me. No pet, no smoking, no funny action to distress, just normal every day wear. You take care of shipping and duties :D
I’ve never broken in a jacket. But in a delicious and ironic twist, jackets have made me broke.

technovox

One Too Many
I've owned this Dark Seal Brown Vicenza Dustbowl for around 2 years now. It was the original Dark Seal brown, darker in color than the later batch, and sometimes reads as black in dim light. Kind of hard to see the depth of color, unless in full sunlight. But one can see a bit of wear in the seams and around the edges where the lighter brown tones are starting to develop. It's the jacket I usually pack when traveling so it gets a fair amount of use.

DBMain.jpg

dbcollar.jpg

dbcuff.jpg

dbpocket.jpg

dbshoulder.jpg

dbzip.jpg

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've owned this Dark Seal Brown Vicenza Dustbowl for around 2 years now. It was the original Dark Seal brown, darker in color than the later batch, and sometimes reads as black in dim light. Kind of hard to see the depth of color, unless in full sunlight. But one can see a bit of wear in the seams and around the edges where the lighter brown tones are starting to develop. It's the jacket I usually pack when traveling so it gets a fair amount of use.

View attachment 201893

View attachment 201894

View attachment 201895

View attachment 201896

View attachment 201897

View attachment 201898
What a beauty! and the wear you have put on it is especially impressive considering the range of awesome jackets you have in your collection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff