Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets see your Thunderbays

Brylcreemer

New in Town
I've combed this site and VLJ for Thunderbay pics and love what I've seen, but my searches have informed me that a lot more people have this beautiful jacket than there are actually pictures of them. So, if you are lucky enough to own a Thunderbay, I was wondering if you might post your pics here? It would be hugely appreciated. I'm close to ordering one, but just not sure yet, and would love to see different mouton combos. Thanks!

Liveinstyle33

One of the Regulars
Sure man. I got dressed up just for you! No scenic mountain surroundings in the back, but here it is, the Thunderbay. Prettier than me. Got some photos at some different angles for you.

Attachments

• Front Collar Down.png
    Front Collar Down.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 217
  • Front Collar Up.png
    Front Collar Up.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 212
  • Back Profile.png
    Back Profile.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 181
  • Back Profile Collar Up.png
    Back Profile Collar Up.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 169
  • Side Profile.png
    Side Profile.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 234

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
In about 8 years of watching eBay for Aero, I've seen only one Thunder Bay listed for sale in the sizes I watch for. I bought it, and then the seller canceled the sale, apparently disappointed with the final bid.

For some reason at some point in their past Aero had been using a Thunder Bay label on other jacket models, too. I had a Cafe Racer with such a label, and it seems that they were used on barnstormer jackets for a while.

My next new Aero will be a true Thunder Bay, when it gets made. Black CXLSH, Rust mouton collar, olive stitching.

Brylcreemer

New in Town
Sure man. I got dressed up just for you! No scenic mountain surroundings in the back, but here it is, the Thunderbay. Prettier than me. Got some photos at some different angles for you.
Thanks so much pal. That's really swayed me - it looks absolutely beautiful and really suits you. The fit is perfect

Brylcreemer

New in Town
In about 8 years of watching eBay for Aero, I've seen only one Thunder Bay listed for sale in the sizes I watch for. I bought it, and then the seller canceled the sale, apparently disappointed with the final bid.

For some reason at some point in their past Aero had been using a Thunder Bay label on other jacket models, too. I had a Cafe Racer with such a label, and it seems that they were used on barnstormer jackets for a while.

My next new Aero will be a true Thunder Bay, when it gets made. Black CXLSH, Rust mouton collar, olive stitching.
Aside from the stitching those are the exact same specs I'm planning to order!

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Aside from the stitching those are the exact same specs I'm planning to order!
When it gets to me, you can bet there will be a post with photos.

I think olive over black with the rust collar will be striking, but not over the top. Originally I thought I'd go with black, but switched it last minute. I don't think I'll regret it.

Brylcreemer

New in Town
Can't wait to see it! I haven't decided against olive stitching, just haven't really considered it - it sounds like a nice contrast

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Can't wait to see it! I haven't decided against olive stitching, just haven't really considered it - it sounds like a nice contrast
Yeah, it should. Contrast stitching is a nice customization option since they don't upcharge for it. You can go subtle for a low contrast or bold. Black goes with just about everything, but I think the olive green stitching and red rust mouton collar will play well together. I noticed when I placed my order that they only offer natural for the sheepskin lining, where in the past they used to make the other color options available, so you could match the collar and body lining. But I was going to go with undyed, natural/ecru sheepskin for the body lining anyway.

Brylcreemer

New in Town
Yeah, it should. Contrast stitching is a nice customization option since they don't upcharge for it. You can go subtle for a low contrast or bold. Black goes with just about everything, but I think the olive green stitching and red rust mouton collar will play well together. I noticed when I placed my order that they only offer natural for the sheepskin lining, where in the past they used to make the other color options available, so you could match the collar and body lining. But I was going to go with undyed, natural/ecru sheepskin for the body lining anyway.
Ah I didn't realise you'd already placed your order. Congrats! I'm planning to go for the ercu sheepskin lining too. It looks beautiful.

Liveinstyle33

One of the Regulars
Here are some more photos for you, I wanted to do some outside pictures, in my backyard lol. I might get a higher quality camera and take some more scenic photos later with my jackets, to at least come close to some of the professional looking photos I am seeing on this forum.

Attachments

• IMG_7448.jpg
    IMG_7448.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_7449.jpg
    IMG_7449.jpg
    807.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_7450.jpg
    IMG_7450.jpg
    802.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_7452.jpg
    IMG_7452.jpg