Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Like new Panama Hat to go!

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I like this hat, and it's a crying shame, but... I bought it back in November and then put on weight. Now it don't fit/look right! :rage:

Anyway, it's a Cuenca I bought from Panamabob. As soft as you could want it. Size 7 3/8 (59cm). I haven't even gotten to wear it. :( There are two pleated ribbons (blue and black), which are not permanently attached, leather sweat (I think), rio plata block.

detail

detail

detail

GA Wildlifer

Familiar Face
How much too small?

I been told that you can stretch straw hats about as much as you can felt. It might be worth a try.

Robert

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Wow.

This baby is generating a lot of interest in my PM box! I guess I'll deal with each person in order of PM response.

About stretching and sizing (the most common remarks); I don't doubt I could stretch it, it's not that small. But that won't change the shape of my face with the extra pounds. I look like I'm wearing a kids hat, which wasn't the case 7 lbs ago! Weird! I've always been on the edge of a 7 1/2 anyway. Now they fit me right.

So, no insult to Bob, this puppy is staying on the block.

Pilgrim, I think it would be big on you. It seems to be the upper end of 7 3/8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points