Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lipstick Application 101

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Never too Busy to B Beautiful

Thank you Goldfish for passing on that information about them going out of business. Do you know if Lush is going out of business, too? Crikey, I'd better buy that stuff up then!
Coincidentally just today I was on the hunt for "the perfect red", as always, and found Prescriptives, who a) don't test on animals, and b) will, in some branches, custom-blend your lippy. I was told they, as well, will be going out of business by January.

nostalgic

New in Town
nude lipliner?

After reading through this, I've realized that I should try a nude lipliner as opposed to my cheap red one (reds usually look reeaaallly pink on me). I have a Revlon colorstay one in what they call natural. I really dislike it because I'm going for a softer look and this darkens any color I put on. It's also one of those twist ones so I don't get a nice, defined line.
Long story short: can anyone recommend some pencil liners that may come in a more pinky tone rather than brownish? Thanks in advance!

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
After reading through this, I've realized that I should try a nude lipliner as opposed to my cheap red one (reds usually look reeaaallly pink on me). I have a Revlon colorstay one in what they call natural. I really dislike it because I'm going for a softer look and this darkens any color I put on. It's also one of those twist ones so I don't get a nice, defined line.
Long story short: can anyone recommend some pencil liners that may come in a more pinky tone rather than brownish? Thanks in advance!

You've probably already found a good pencil liner, but this may help anyone else looking for the same thing. Sonia Kashuk makes a "lip definer" pencil, and the Natural shade is a pinkish, light, natural color that works great under red lipstick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko