Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lipstick issues...

RosebudMarie

New in Town
I tried the powder trick today and I have to admit it DID make my dimestore 99 cent lipstick last a lot longer than I thought it would! Even the long-wear lipstick fades by mid-day, I think.

I didn't try 'priming' with foundation or anything. Perhaps I'll do that tomorrow along with dusting.

I need to start putting balm on my lips before bed. I tend to get flaky dry lips which certainly doesn't help. I use - believe it or not, it works - Bag Balm. Heals my dry lips real fast.

40'sfetish

Familiar Face
I just wish I could stop the feathering particularly on my top lip. (Stopping smoking I'm sure would help....:eek: ) I do the liner and powdering through a tissue, reapply and blot thing, but with really red lippy it always feathers, not the other colours though. Maybe it's just not as noticable with the other colours...

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If your liner exactly matches your lipstick, you can line thickly, and don't put the lipstick so close to the edge, then it will not feather. And please, do stop smoking! Not only is it the fastest way to damage your skin, but it can kill you. Lung cancer is a huge killer of young women. Yes, you will see me with cigs in pictures, but I never, never inhale and always use a holder to keep it off my skin - and only once a month or so!

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
40'sfetish said:
I just wish I could stop the feathering particularly on my top lip. (Stopping smoking I'm sure would help....:eek: ) I do the liner and powdering through a tissue, reapply and blot thing, but with really red lippy it always feathers, not the other colours though. Maybe it's just not as noticable with the other colours...

I feel your pain, horrible isn't it? I have to admit I enjoy smoking, but it's a horrible, dirty and (for me most importantly) AGEING habit :( Will be giving up this year, for good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran