Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lipstick issues...

swinggal

One Too Many
Right. I want to know if anyone else has the same prob.

For as long as I can remember, especially with darker and red lipsticks, I always end up with NO lipstick left towards in the inside of my bottom lip, in the wet area. Whether it's long lasting lipstick or not and set with foundation or powder - it just always seems to wear away.

I find this soooo annoying as I see many other girls i know sporting red lips and theirs never ends up looking like mine.

I prime, I line with a pencil, I put it on with a brush, I blot with tissue then I add with the tube which is pretty standard for long lasting wear. Just seems I end up with the only the outside left and i only discover this when I go to the restroom and feel like a tool to have been walking around looking like that most of the night!

D

Deleted member 12480

i just apply it from the tube but yeah, that happens to me too, while the cupids bow area will stay relatively red and your lips are two different colours?

xxxx

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
This happens to me every single time I wear Ruby Woo as it's so dry. I tend to dab on a bit of lipbalm periodically, just in the very middle, which helps soften and spread the existing lipstick to cover the bare bit. It is annoying though.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
That happens to me too. I find that if I blow on that area before I apply that helps a bit. Also, I like LipInk. It is an amazing stain that has a matte finish!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I have the same problem too, like Fleur i find the ruby woo very drying, so i either tend to dab my bottom lip with my finger to even out the lipstick until i can get to a mirror and touch up. I find that using a bit of lipbalm, even the tiniest dab, makes my lipstick bleed, aarghh!

Jasmine Jolene

One of the Regulars
i find that it wears more in the corners to be honest, which isn't noticeable unless i'm puckering up!

however, i was wearing Viva Glam 1 (MAC) the other day, applied as i normally do with primer and lipcote etc, and then i had a greasy burger and all of it came off, bar a tiny little square on my bottom lip and the very top of my cupids bow! looked very strange indeed.

swinggal

One Too Many
Well glad to know I'm not the only one!!

I have been using the Cover Girl lip stains lately which are pretty good as a liner but they tend to wear off inside the lip. But I find that when I use lipstick, even when NOT eating or drinking I still lose the color at the back and trying to touch it up never seems to work.

I will try the 'drying off' thing next time with a tissue when i first apply AND retouch. I almost feel like I will have to totally reapply my foundation too and lipstick to get it right again, and who wants to do that every time you eat, drink etc. Baaaaah!!!

JazzyDame

One of the Regulars
Secret Tip

I have a little tip to pass along to give lipstick true staying power: after applying primer or a little oil-free foundation to lips, lining with a lipliner and applying lipstick (either with a brush or straight from the tube), separate a facial tissue into one, single sheet, place it over your lips and "dust through it" with loose powder (I prefer Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Truly Translucent Loose Powder, which has a wonderful applicator for this sort of thing). This does two things: blots the lipstick down to a vintage matte look, and sets it nicely. Works like a charm!

Smuterella

One Too Many
Perhaps you just need to remember to reapply...I forget all the e. I've noticed most of my vintage friends reapply more regularly than I.

swinggal

One Too Many
JazzyDame said:
I have a little tip to pass along to give lipstick true staying power: after applying primer or a little oil-free foundation to lips, lining with a lipliner and applying lipstick (either with a brush or straight from the tube), separate a facial tissue into one, single sheet, place it over your lips and "dust through it" with loose powder (I prefer Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Truly Translucent Loose Powder, which has a wonderful applicator for this sort of thing). This does two things: blots the lipstick down to a vintage matte look, and sets it nicely. Works like a charm!

I actually do this as well ;) old tip I've always used. It's not the main lip area that doesnt stay anyway, its where my lips meet on the bottom lip.

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
So you do need to reapply, nothing lasts all day IME :)

But, if you're having real issues why not try a stain or a lip ink? Those for cheeps like posietint or benetint will be good, or you can get felt tip like markers which stain the lips too.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
That's a moist part of your lips so it's going to fade away as the day goes on. 'tis the way it is.

Usually by that point (on me) is when it's time for a reapply anyway. That's about when it starts getting thick and goopy on my lips.

Lillemor

One Too Many
Mine fade at the outercorners and if I don't re-apply after 3 hrs. max. then I'm left with the dry stained effect in the middle which I suppose is cool in some sections of society.

YesterdayGirl

One of the Regulars
I'm so glad people other people are having problems with Ruby Woo, I love the fact that its matte as it looks more authentic, but it is so dry, it literally peels off my lips. The best thing I've find is applying it with a lip brush that''s been dipped in Rosy Vaseline which has a very pale pink shine. Because it can just appear sort of diluted if mixed with a plain lip balm which ruins the richness of the colour. But even that is annoying. I know someone who work for MAC and she said that there is a similar colour in the creme lipstick, she also said I should be wearing primer but meh, too expensive!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
swinggal said:
Good tip thanks, tried it this morning and managed to keep lippy on throughout most of the morning! Even after attacking a cake and coffee like it was going out of fashion it didn't budge as much as normal, (normally most of my lippy would be on the cake, gross)! x

Tulip

New in Town
I have two methods to stave off a lipstick retreat; I only ever drink with a straw (even hot drinks), and I eat like a camel (recede lips, bare teeth, attack food!). The latter is almost impossible to do while looking like a lady, but I figure my lipstick is worth it.

YesterdayGirl

One of the Regulars
Tulip said:
I have two methods to stave off a lipstick retreat; I only ever drink with a straw (even hot drinks), and I eat like a camel (recede lips, bare teeth, attack food!). The latter is almost impossible to do while looking like a lady, but I figure my lipstick is worth it.
lol
Ha ha! This made me laugh because I do find myself doing the camel eating thing! I hate when you take a bite out of a sandwich or something and leave a big red bit of bread behind....embarassing.:eek:

Marla

A-List Customer
YesterdayGirl said:
lol
Ha ha! This made me laugh because I do find myself doing the camel eating thing! I hate when you take a bite out of a sandwich or something and leave a big red bit of bread behind....embarassing.:eek:

Eating with lipstick on is a major pain! When I have it on I stick to finger foods, and if that's not possible I cut my food into tiny pieces. I have rather full lips, so if I have lipstick on and bite into something or drink from a glass the lipstick from my bottom lip smears all over my chin. lol A napkin is a must!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran