Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LL Bean Catalog Fall 1936

LL Bean

Don`t know,but back in the 1930s in the New England states there were countless shoe manufacturers,woolen mills,firearm makers,tool companies.The finest gun makers were in Ct & Mass....Most of Alden`s shoes are still made in New England....PS I don`t know if LL Beans famous hunting pacs are still made there!!

A Shame

Yes sir it is a shame,who is making the money on the Asian made goods? the manufacturer`s that`s who.The labor to make a pair of leather shoe`s in Asia is pennies an hr,the workmanship is inferior,it has become the throw away society.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I would like to assemble a collection of vintage LL Bean items. I have several but nothing all that interesting.

That would perhaps be easier to do around here. The Maine thrift stores are full of vintage Bean items. Brimfield antique fair has quite a bit as well.

BTW, their signature line did a pretty nice job of resurrecting some of these very items, like the shooting coat with mallards on it and the duck hunting coat. I see that occasionally at Bean outlets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner