Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Long Bangs

Funny Face

New in Town
I have straight bangs that come just below my eyebrows. I like them, but I was wondering if there's any vintage hairstyle that would work with them. I have a huge forehead, so I prefer not to sweep them back or anything. I'm also not a huge fan of Bettie bangs. Does this leave any options?

I did a search on this and didn't come up with any threads on this particular topic, but please excuse me if I've missed any. :)

monicacaroline

New in Town
me too

I'm growing my long fringe bangs out now, the shortest layer is about at my chin. When my bangs were your length I would do shell bangs like these http://vintagehair.livejournal.com/260519.html#cutid1 I could never get mine to stand up like this and they would just sweep across my forehead
26983_1281759729188_1385910177_30757235_7442710_n.jpg

Not the most authentic ever, but it does just fine and most people aren't purists.:p

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
I used to have long bangs, too!
(I've got Bettie bangs now, hehe!)
If you can get them into a sort of side sweep, like monicacaroline demonstrated, it can look very vintage. If you're not going for 100% period correct, however, it might look cute if you leave your bangs straight and blunt, then have the rest of your curly (from a set, or whatever your preferred method is).

If you're really feeling adventurous, you could try to sculpt little spit curls across your forehead, sorta like this:
vogue_paris_shoot.jpg

A glamorous look, but not the simplest 'do.

Funny Face

New in Town
Thanks, ladies! I like the sideswept bangs idea. I've had side bangs before, and really liked them. It looks a bit more authentic, I think. Monicacaroline, I love your look!
RodeoRose, my favorite thing to do with my hair is leave my bangs straight and pincurl the rest. So I will undoubtedly keep doing that a lot! :) And that picture is fabulous! I wish I could pull that off!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic