Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Long Half Belt vs Stockman/Teamster photos needed.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I would imagine that the LHB and Stockman were simply modeled at the store for our inspection but not necessarily illustrated for fit. The LHB appears maybe one size too small and the Stockman maybe two sizes too small. Both very good looking jackets.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Certainly, I think given the construction of the jacket, you'd feel a bit constricted wearing a too small LHB. It wouldn't fit like a 'second skin', so to speak. I have a three quarter length Paul Smith leather that fits like a tailored fabric suit coat - I have no idea how they the arm holes so high - but while it's comfortable to wear, it can't take anything more than a fine-knit jumper under it.

Last edited:

frussell

One Too Many
I have Dav's thread saved for the photos. Is the longer coat in his "family portrait" of three jackets a Stockman, or one of the other longer coats like the Cheyenne? Still no other Teamster lovers out there with photos in their jackets? Thanks, Frank

wdw

One Too Many
Frank, I believe Dav's longer coat is the Cheyenne. I think the main difference is that the Stockman has patch pockets, whilst the Cheyenne has also handwarmer chest pockets.

Here's a Teamster pic, with a stranger who wandered into shot :)
Salz1_zpse12bd4d6.jpg

frussell

One Too Many
Thanks Nick (Dav) for clearing that up. I appreciate the help. I've got a Teamster on order right now to replace my steerhide-sold-as-horsehide LHB, and I'm just trying to make sure I shouldn't have gotten one of the longer models. My LHB was plenty long enough, but I think Mark Moye had them add a few inches for my height. If my Teamster ends up close to that length, I'll be fine. Plus, I really like the back on the standard Teamster, with the half belt. Thanks to all for the help, any advice is welcome. Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21